got a start

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

got my helper in this one, 20' x 18'
garage2.jpg

garage3.jpg

garage1.jpg

when funds are tight you build what you can find, it is on the small side but it will work till i can build something bigger.

garage2.jpg

garage3.jpg

garage1.jpg

when funds are tight you build what you can find, it is on the small side but it will work till i can build something bigger.

I plan to build one of those. I got a frame and am in the prosess of getting some metal for the roof and sides.I got the frame for free so I can do it all pretty cheep.Great little buildings for the rod and a few other things.Not a lot of head room though but you take the bad with the good Im guess.[P[P

I would of killed for a car port at one time. I spent many hours wrenching under shade trees. I think I would quit at this point if I didn't have a shop.

i gave $300.00 for it to give to my father inlaw for his birthday last year so he could get his town car under cover, then after it layed there for months he decided he didn't want to use it, so i brought it home. i had the decking and tin and some pipes for my uprights but nothing to build trusses with, so this will do till then. it will be great to have some of my tools together, but not enough room for all. i believe i'm going to pack crushed stone for the floor to build it up and level it out, that stuff packs like concrete.

.....in the dry!

Congrats, man. I know you are excited. Hang tarps on each end and it'll hold a little heat.....better than nuthin. Enjoy.....!:D:D:D[cl[cl

Kooool & I'm glad you have someone to dig holes for ya! Looks good to me & want one my own self! Keep us posted... haha! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Not sure if your familiar with billboard tarps, there tougher than nails and not real expensive. I have two and will get a couple more while I can. (We have a local surplus business selling them here.) They come 14 ft. X 48 ft. so one would do both ends. Use a second one for the floor and then your crushed gravel on top of it, it would stop the moisture from wicking up though. Here's a link to the parent company, www.Billboardtarps.com

i wish i wasn't feeling so bad this weekend, and i'll more then likily get worst before today is over. my throat is raw from couching. i got my welding machine out and hooked up so i can add some more pearlings and try to build my doors. i have tin and decking as well as some aluminum signs about 4'x8', found some of my hindges and some other stuff i had stashed. i got some 1/8" thick 8"x8" curb angle to put down around the bottom so i can back fill. i have the wall to our old pool the the tornado took care of for us so i have lots of stuff to close it in with. just waiting on the sun.[cl

well between the honey do's, dealing with my grandson's 1000 and 1 questions and just out right feeling like dung, i did get some done. got 2 more pearlings and 3 doors then i can sheet it.
garage4.jpg

garage5.jpg

well no work on the garage this weekend, i have been down with severe sinus infection, bronchitis, and a raw thoat. i'm feeling a lot better but stayed in doors to make sure. i got to go to mobile tomorrow to take the grand daughter back to school. she is a jr. and has already had physics, as well as other things i never seen in high school. she will be 17 when she enters her frist year of college. i wish i would have appiled myself half as much as she does when i was in school, there was to many girls and cars to keep my attention.

didn't do much this weekend still trying to get over this crud now people around me at work have the flu. the doctor told me not to get the shot, so i hope i don't get that stuff too.

I got talked into the flu shot twice....

didn't do much this weekend still trying to get over this crud now people around me at work have the flu. the doctor told me not to get the shot, so i hope i don't get that stuff too.

Both times I got sick.....Doc said impossible as they are dead virus....oh yeah!!! tell that to my body....dead or not, I was not sick before and sick the next day...haven't gotten once since....

no progress as of now, hurt my knee again weekend before last, and it rained all last weekend. i hope for a better days this coming weekend now that i look at it i have missed the last three weekends, got to do something different.

Latest posts

Back