Stearing problems..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E$rnie Pintor III

I got a f1 that was wrecked. So I got a front axel and all the stearing and leef springs. Now putting it back to feather my brother in law came over and messed everything up! Not only did he mess up the order I had payed out he tore apart the other trucks stuff and mixed things up and I think lost a few parts....
Not sure on parts or the right name so I hope I can describe it good enough for help.
From the stearing box that's on the frame, there's the arm that comes down.
The arm has a ball and socket thing going.... There starts my problem. There's the end cap and some spacers and springs.... They also go up front. Spacers and spring and end cap . Any body have a pitcher of the order that goes? Please help. Thanks.

I'd guess the first part you describe is the drag link

from the box to the spindle....probably has an adjustable tensioner spring at the end where it attachs to the spindle stud/ball....hopefully someone will have an exploded view of that steering assembly that will help....

Captureddd.PNG

kkkk.PNG

dont know if this helps or not .. I'm not good on finding what I want on the computer .

yea I cant never find exactly what I want ,, if you dont punch in the exact words it wont pop up it will give you other stuff related Ugg !!!! never been good on this thing ..maybe some one will come up with something better I cant even find a front end diagram [S

I think that was a pretty complete exploded view....unless he wants actual pictures....:eek:....somebody got a service manual???

Hope it helped ...the jeep I had ,,, had one of those ball and socket adjustable deals ,, spring -cap deal- then ball- then other cap -then end plug that you screwed in till snug then a carter pin came in across the end to keep it from backing off

I always take pictures of before and after I take something apart. Saved my *** many a time! :eek:[ddd

Toad

Latest posts

Back