1941 Ford Rat Rod Suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darksyde

I recently purchased a 1941 ford 1 ton that I'm going to rat. (1st timer)
Been trying to figure out the best way to go about setting up the front suspension. The truck has a I-beam front sitting on parallel leafs. Been thinking of the elliptical front. Wondering if there are any kits/brackets or diagrams or anything on how to do this. Being a 1 ton the truck has lots of springs that could be used. I can fabricate most stuff, I just don't want to get to carried away and start messing with suspension geometry.

More then a few builds on here have used that style of spring set up.
The last one that comes to my mind was built by GJunktionMike.
Check thru some of his old builds and you will see them. Very doable and it makes for a cool looking front suspension. Here is a link to where he starts to build the front end on his Nash.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21727&page=12
Torchie

Last edited:
I'm tackling a similar issue with a Chevy 2 ton of the same era. There are kits available out there for what your wanting to put together. Depending on if you want to stay drum brakes, etc etc. you can use a majority of your parts. Some geometry will come into play...do the research to make sure it handles properly when your finished. Good luck!

I recently purchased a 1941 ford 1 ton that I'm going to rat. (1st timer)
Been trying to figure out the best way to go about setting up the front suspension. The truck has a I-beam front sitting on parallel leafs. Been thinking of the elliptical front. Wondering if there are any kits/brackets or diagrams or anything on how to do this. Being a 1 ton the truck has lots of springs that could be used. I can fabricate most stuff, I just don't want to get to carried away and start messing with suspension geometry.

I also have a quarter elliptical setup on the front of my truck, have a quick peak, however the setup I used uses the springs as one of the links in a triangulated 4-link arrangement, not sure that is what you're looking for?
(Link in my sig)

Latest posts

Back