frame questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, I found some more pictures of the backers in place. These will give a better idea of how the two of them slip into the other piece of tubing before welding.

Don

Attachments

• 2nd frame progress 008.jpg
    2nd frame progress 008.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 2nd frame progress 006.jpg
    2nd frame progress 006.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 56
  • 2nd frame progress 005.jpg
    2nd frame progress 005.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 66
Here is a picture of a frame I bought on Ebay. I bought it because it came with the body I wanted. I was going to use it, because I was attempting to build a rod for $ 3000 but my Son kept hounding me to scrap it as he didn't like the way it was built. Finally, he talked me into it, and he actually cut the frame up and made a base for our sheet metal brake. He did that so I would never be tempted to use it as a frame. After he cut it up, I was glad he did, because the welds did not penetrate deep at all, and they used a piece of water pipe for the front crossmember.

Now that I look back on it, he was right. This frame was pure junk.

Don

Attachments

• 1st report old frame 2.jpg
    1st report old frame 2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 1st report old frame 4.jpg
    1st report old frame 4.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 48
  • t mockup old frame.jpg
    t mockup old frame.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 41
  • t mockup old frame perch.jpg
    t mockup old frame perch.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 56
Tiny1,
If you're going for a 48 Ford and you want IFS, power steering, power disk brakes and lowered without the expense, then check out my website...
Just something for you to think about.

Sweet pics were worth a thousand words i got what you were talking about now Thanks donsrods You also Lakota

Latest posts

Back