What master cylinder you running with disc brakes?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcamp

Would just like to get some ideas on master cylinders your running with now power disc on front and drum on rear.

WAGNER Part # MC64980
BENDIX Part # 11371
ACDELCO Part # 18M27
All are 67 to 76 Vette disk/drum non power with 1" bores
All are under $50
Speedway Item #: 91031321
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/GM-Corvette-Cast-Iron-Master-Cylinder-1-Inch-Bore,51673.html
This one is ported on both sides for ease of plumbing

91031321_R_1566e890.jpg

I ran into this changing my 71 firebird from manual disc/drum to manual disc/disc

I found out that they used one MC for the manual cars and another for the power assist cars>
Disc/drum or Disc/Disc and the residual pressure is all supposed to be determined in the proportioning valve but don't take my word for it.

My brakes worked perfect and did not have a stiff pedal. they had more pedal travel than a PB car and at first it felt like they had air in the lines but that was just the different ratio.

I did have a problem bleeding the rear and had to power bleed them. I don;t know if there was a residual pressure valve in the rear portion of the MC i over looked when switching to rear disc or not.

Hey,,,,Old Iron. Are you running a proportioning valve with it? And how are your brakes?

I've got one car with the factory proportioning valve and 3 without a valve.
Cant tell the difference between them so, I won't use one again (on disc/drum).
I'm running this one on my 66 Chevy pickup with disc/drum power brakes no proportioning valve, WAGNER Part # MC89160
I have a prostreet 65 GTO with disk/disk WAGNER Part # MC89160 non-power without the valve.
The front calipers are big GM and the rears are metric GM and balance themselves that way.
They all work great.

Here's a little Willwood secret
Rockauto 1985 Dodge D150 $32.79
getimage.php

SpeedwayMotors Willwood $104.99
8352604893_R.jpg

Willwood's site $128.34
260-4894-lg.jpg

You choose :D

I got the old master cylinder off and found out he had the small res going to the front and large going to the rear. But,,,,,the master cylinder is off a 1997 Chevy Silverado 2500, 3500 with power brakes and looks to have a large bore.

Here's a little Willwood secret
Rockauto 1985 Dodge D150 $32.79
getimage.php

SpeedwayMotors Willwood $104.99
8352604893_R.jpg

Willwood's site $128.34
260-4894-lg.jpg

You choose :D
Old iron,
This d150 master will work with non power disk/ drum combo correct? I may pick up a couple of these. Do you think it would work for non power drum/drum as well?

Old iron,
This d150 master will work with non power disk/ drum combo correct? I may pick up a couple of these. Do you think it would work for non power drum/drum as well?
These masters are 1 1/8" which are for power brakes but, if you move the hole where the master cylinder pushrod connects to the brake pedal up 3/4 to 1" then, they will work on manual brakes.
I've done this with two already.
I wouldn't use this on a drum/drum system. Go with a Corvette 1" master cylinder for that.
Large GM calipers front disc/drum or large GM calipers front disc/metric GM rear disc is where this works good.

Latest posts

Back