Is it the master cylinder?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53 stickfigure

Bled the brakes on the 53 today about a hundred times. Got pressure on pass front but just runs out on front driver side. Got a real good pedal, but have to still pump them up three times. The pedal drops while holding it after a bit like a bad master cylinder. But even if the master cly is leaking off shouldnt i still have pressure at all 4 wheels? Im going to rebuild the master cly since a new one cost more than my first born. All the wheel cylinders are rebuilt already. Maybe a collapsed hose?

Wheel cylinder leaking. I don't think 54's have a prop valve factory with the single pot master. I'd pull the drum on that side and take a look and see if it's wet inside.

No proportioning valve, just a splitter. Inside the hub is dry, no leaking line. Must be the master cylinder. Just can't figure out why the other 3 wheels have plenty of pressure?

I should have read better too. If it is only one wheel, it could be a collapsed hose or a blocked hard line.

Assuming you bled the brakes correctly, etc. The leak down is likely the MC. 60+ year old seals...

Might want to replace all the hoses.

Gonna order new hoses today. All the lines have been replaced. Found a master cylinder for $115, not as high as i thought for something that could save my life

Latest posts

Back