Different Cowl Steering set up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldphart

Went to the Grand National Roadster Show with my son and grandson yesterday. Lots of beautiful cars there of course. Not much rat related stuff but I did see this sedan with some interesting cowl steering linkage that's worth sharing. I couldn't tell for sure but it kinda looked like a Ford Ranger steering box under the dash. Besides just looking cool it occurs to me that with minor changes this could be an alternative to reversing the box.

cowl%20steer%201-29-17_zpst6ipohmq.jpg

cowl%20steerb1-29-17_zpsbdo2yhxr.jpg

That's the latest offering from Rad Rides. My good friend Lawrence is the Shop Foreman there, and does the majority of their CNC programming and machine work. The amount of time & work that goes into their builds is staggering...

That's the latest offering from Rad Rides. My good friend Lawrence is the Shop Foreman there, and does the majority of their CNC programming and machine work. The amount of time & work that goes into their builds is staggering...

No telling how many hours went into that! :eek:[S:eek:

BoB

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it also looks like there is a "gearing ratio" difference in that set up as well, since the lower arm is shorter than the top one.

Latest posts

Back