I need 266 V8 HELP

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Banned
Hello everyone, Hey I need a International motor geniuses ... on the 266 v8 inside the oil canister, off to one side is a check valve a spring and a metal round rod about a inch long, I went to have the oil changed and when they took the oil filter canister off the spring and the round metal piece fell out and they didn't see how it came out ??? I made the call to put it back in spring first,[S and when we started it, it built pressure BUT when I turn it off now, the pressure is still showing on the gauge and it slowly goes down to zero a minute or so after the motor has been shut off.. I can't find a over view of the 266 V8 ........ANYONE ????? :confused:

no #7 went on vacation and all of that fell out, #8 & #9 that is, so I have to determine what size that retainer is and replace it .... The old truck only has 46 thousand miles on it, it's a 1965 my grandparents bought it new, it's been parked indoors and abandoned for the last 21 years...

I've been talking to some of the IHC guys and they say they have not seen many of the line tickets, but this was what gramps ordered.

Latest posts

Back