'39-47 Dodge truck radiator?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty46

What radiator is everyone running in their '39-47 Dodge? If it matters, I have a 318/904 drivetrain. Trying to find something that isn't terribly expensive.

The 318 is modified and was wondering how large of a radiator I'd need. I have a small all aluminum two core for a Civic but that probably wouldn't work.

What radiator is everyone running in their '39-47 Dodge? If it matters, I have a 318/904 drivetrain. Trying to find something that isn't terribly expensive.

The 318 is modified and was wondering how large of a radiator I'd need. I have a small all aluminum two core for a Civic but that probably wouldn't work.

This is what I used. It should cool a 318 without any problems.
Good luck. http://www.ebay.com/itm/281521071304?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Rusty, remember to check which side the bottom rad hose outlet is on so it will fit easily to your 318. Don't get a rad that's too small, because it makes a nice parade into an embarrassing steamfest. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. My 318 has the passenger outlet on it. The above radiator listed is pretty nice. I'm too poor for the Griffin stuff that's like $600..

Tape measure time

For various swaps I've gone to the wrecking yart with a tape measure and all the dimensions and a cardboard mock up of the mounting area, and looked for one that has a radiator shop tag and fresh paint. some 6 cyl pickups are narrow and worked.

Latest posts

Back