Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya are smallfoot: Speedway P/N 141-3887 SS Tank 10" x 33" 10.7 gal capacity.

I had the doors lettered too soon. I have a better name for the Bantam. Now that I'm in my (tarnished) Golden Years a more fitting name would be "Diminished Ability".

I also like the LOOK of the tank on the back. Not sure how safe I would feel using the tank as my rear bumper. Please make sure to take pictures of how you mount it and build a guard for it

Here ya are smallfoot: Speedway P/N 141-3887 SS Tank 10" x 33" 10.7 gal capacity.

I had the doors lettered too soon. I have a better name for the Bantam. Now that I'm in my (tarnished) Golden Years a more fitting name would be "Diminished Ability".

I prefer "Old and in the way."[ddd
Keep at it bob.
Torchie

Finally got the brackets built and the tank mounted. The back panel for the tail lights and license plate no longer fit. Positioned the light a bit high to make sure they can be seen and they don't reflect off the tank possibly confusing following traffic. The Holley fuel pump and master cut off switch have to be relocated too.

Attachments

• Bantam Butt 003.jpg
    Bantam Butt 003.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Bantam Butt 004.jpg
    Bantam Butt 004.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 54
Finished making the aluminum back floor. Made a squbble (square bubble) to cover part of the suspension. Made a NHRA legal battery box. Have to finish weld and grind the box to make it all pretty.

Attachments

• Battery Box 001.jpg
    Battery Box 001.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Battery Box 005.jpg
    Battery Box 005.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Looking good, I like the battery box. I seen a real cool one made from a ammo box that sealed good and was vented. I looked and never could find one that big. Glad someone is making progress, I've been to busy to work on mine.

Well Bob, got to say, your having way to much fun. [;)[;)[;)

Only NHRA would make you put more into building the battery box than the rest of the car. :D

I'm with the others, this ride screams for a set of "Old School Nerf Bars :cool

Keep them pictures coming

Nice to hear from you vht. I'm actually using a cartridge box for the battery in the roadster pickup build. Have to make it taller and it will take a smaller battery. Figured I better make the Bantam box for a larger battery.

Tom, I'm waiting for a nerf bar design to pop into my head. Also, I'm just about out of oxygen so I can't heat and bend. Got to get help loading the tank in my truck cuz the shoulder isn't 100%.

Ya Bob, I used a modified ammo battery box in the 28 roadster that is my avatar picture and a smaller one bolted to the front passenger floor to keep registration & insurance papers in.

I know you will come up with a fine nerf bar design. Bend up some electrical conduit first to test some idea's.

Happy Holidays To You & The Family --- Tom & Dixie

Tom, you should post a pic of your roadster. I noodled a bunch of nerf bar arrangements and finally came up with this bumper. It's not permanent yet so let me know what you think of it. Doesn't provide much protection but in my opinion it gives the car a finished look in back.

Attachments

• Bamntam Bumper 001.jpg
    Bamntam Bumper 001.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Bamntam Bumper 003.jpg
    Bamntam Bumper 003.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 52
I'm not Tom, but... I like the idea.

How about giving the ends the same treatment as the top. A piece of angle, with a hole or two for end caps. Seems like that would give it a finished look.

I'm not Tom either but I would go for something more like this. I think you need some sort of uprights to protect that tank.
I hate to think of you driving around in a Pinto.:eek: [ddd
JMHO
Torchie

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 20
  • livewire-hot-rod-rear-detail.jpg
    livewire-hot-rod-rear-detail.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back