Dream Shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continuing to work on the shop ... getting there 😁. Really looking forward to getting the walls and ceiling painted white - not looking forward to doing it though. LOL. And blowing attic insulation will not be listed as one of my favorite jobs but I got it done. Its going to be pretty comfortable out there when everything is finished.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1156.jpg
    IMG_1156.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 58
[cl[cl[cl

Really nice sc....not trying to tell you what to do but......
you may want to use a really good sealer on there first
(if you didn't already know that) ask me how I know:rolleyes:

[P[P

[cl[cl[cl

Really nice sc....not trying to tell you what to do but......
you may want to use a really good sealer on there first
(if you didn't already know that) ask me how I know:rolleyes:

[P[P

22 gallons of primer/sealer FBP. That osb sheeting sucks it up like blotting paper! Hoping to be painting it this week. Had to wait until now to get the low voltage wiring run back to the house inside the conduit we buried so I could close up the last wall and get the primer on. Finally happened so my phone and internet lines are run inside the wall and now I can get the alarm people out to do their thing. Got the door hung on the washroom while I was waiting although I think getting plumbing and sewage done may have to wait until spring now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 38
Getting really close to finished now. Its as white and as bright as its going to get! 22 gallons of primer/sealer and 18 gallons of semi-gloss white. Whew!

Installed the task lighting for the workbenches and got the recycled kitchen cabinets I bought installed so I'll have a place to start putting things. Got a computer moved out there along with a 32" tv/monitor that the inlaws gave me when they upgraded. The alarm company has been out and installed the monitored alarm system in the shop and added it to the home system.

With all this done I can finally start moving in to the shop. [cl:D[cl:D[cl I was beginning to think I'd never see the day. Plan to be making a 12' workbench under the window in the next few days. A welding/fabrication bench is also planned and will go to the right of the electrical panel. My compressor, welder and toolbox will fit on the adjacent wall and fill up the space up to the workbench. A water cooler will go between the workbench and the "kitchen counter". And a bar fridge will go between the doors. The washroom and the hoist will have to wait until spring.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1189.jpg
    IMG_1189.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 45
Looking great![cl May I suggest putting as many things as you can on wheels. My work bench, the welding table. the H beam press, the horizontal band saw and the stick/tig welder combo are on locking dolly wheels. The two mig welders and the torches are on carts with motor cycle wheels. This makes storage and cleaning a lot easier. The carts with the bike wheels are what gets moved the most. they even roll well out doors.

Latest posts

Back