Rat Rod Rumble

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go but when I read the final rule in there list I changed my mind.

Lets see it reads, " ( YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT NO REFUND AN WE WILL BE CHECKING)". So if they didn’t like some thing on some ones car or truck they may let you in to get the money then kick you out after that with no refund. I don’t think they would do that but I don’t like what I read and when did a so called Rat Rod show or "RAT ROD RUMBLE" have so many rules???? Back in the day it was Hot Rods and people used what they had to get there car up and running or make it faster. So what if they used a too nice of a wheel or put EFI so they could get better miles or better power. Maybe they used a new "HEMI" but put a carb on it. My truck has a 302 from a foxbody mustang but has a carb now but its clean, so being to nice I guess I would get kicked out. I mean I could go on and on but what ever I guess.

Well for the ones I’ve already talked to we will still meet at my shop this sat with pizza no cover charge and the only rule is you must have a good time.

That's not talking about your car, I'm pretty sure it's about your behavior.

So there going to be checking my behavior??? I can see checking for drinking and getting kicked out but are they really going to check every engine and before you go in or check after your in then ask you to leave. I can see no glass bottles, and loud noised after 10:30 a.m. The modern engines is gay, Billet wheels ok I get it, Gangster wheels I can see 22" being gangster wheels what about wires on a rat rod or chrome wires on a rat rod? See what I mean to many things to pick from. Why drive all the way up there to give them money and be told you cant come in or then asked to leave. Last year I was told I could not come in because my wheels were to nice then after talking to another guy he let me in. I can see having rules nothing wrong with that too keep the peace but come on all that for a Rat Rod Show? Starting to sound like a Street Rod Nationals Show...lol

NO GLASS BOTTLES
NO LOUD NOISES AFTER 10:30
NO BILLET OR GANGSTER WHEELS
NO MODERN ENGINES
( I.E. MODULAR FORDS , S.B. 2 AN LATER CHEVYS , OR MODERN “HEMIS” )
1965 AN BACK CARS , TRUCKS ONLY
1985 AN BACK BIKES
(1986 AN LATER BIKES MUST BE CHOPPED AN OK’ED AT THE GATE)
NO B. S.
NO ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION
NO TRAILERED CARS
(EXP. GASSERS AN RAILS )
NO DRINKING AND RACING
( YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT NO REFUND AN WE WILL BE CHECKING)

Last edited:
Like the rules say

NO DRINKING AND RACING
( YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT NO REFUND AN WE WILL BE CHECKING)

They just want to keep everyone safe. I have seen Donny (The owner of 411) yank someone out of their car for drinking and he was in the staging lanes ready to run.

The weather is not looking the best but it may change by the weekend, raining here now.
Tim

If you have something questionable, call them and ask...I did because my '39 is street legal but I need to trailer so I can bring all my swap meet stuff and it's just not practical to drive it 2.5 hours at 50 mph. Dan was very understanding and said it would be ok.

The rules seem pretty tame compared to a lot of shows.

I was there last year and seen every type of car under the sun, we had a great time, unless they changed all the rules this year, Tell me these pictures are all rat rods with, vintage style engines, wheels are to nice, paint is to nice, there were cars there that were IMO where show cars not rats, but isin't a rat what you want it to be ? go to the show and have some fun, if you go with the additude of it being a bad show, it will be a bad show for you.

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 22
  • 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 193.jpg
    193.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 21
rumble

more pictures

Attachments

• 180.jpg
    180.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 189.jpg
    189.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 197.jpg
    197.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 199.jpg
    199.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 206.jpg
    206.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 21
A few things I'm bring for the swap meet...

'55 Cadillac Dragmars and center bar.
Chrome 19" Electric fan.
Chrome BBC timing cover.
Old school low back fiberglass bucket seats with covers.
SBC billet pulleys and alt mount.
'55 Cadillac heater fan assemblies.
'28 Buick Park Brake handle.
New "black" electric fuel pump and holley type regulator.
Two '55 Cadillac radiators.
Hooker headers for Camaro or Chevelle.
And a bunch of other crap I can't think of right now.

Me and my wife will be there early Sat. morning, we should be there when the gates open...some are saying the rain will not start until around 12...

Looking at the radar patterns for the last 4 hours it looks (to me anyway) that it will be cloudy the rest of the day with a few scattered showers tomorrow.

From the national weather service

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Some of the storms could be severe and produce heavy rainfall. Cloudy, with a high near 77. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south southwest. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could be severe and produce heavy rainfall. Cloudy, with a low around 59. South wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

This doesn't sound like fun tent camping weather or for driving home 300 miles in an old rusty truck with marginal windshield wipers and no defroster.

I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

Latest posts

Back