Hot Rod Leather Jacket!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Gasser

I found this back in the late '90's at a little resale shop in Indy, while I was down there for the Rockabilly Rebel Weekender at the Fountain Theater...

...brought it home, showed it to a buddy who practically begged me to sell it to him, which I eventually did, and then he gave it to his girlfriend!

Of course, they broke up soon after that, and I figured it was gone forever...until a few weeks ago when I messaged her on Facebook, and asked if she still had it, and would sell it back to me, she did!

Picked it up last weekend, after being gone for 15 years! ...early '70's, bright blue, CRAGAR leather jacket! The blue is Cragar's signature color, it has a small patch on the left front breast, a large psychedelic CRAGAR patch on the back, and, a CRAGAR tag sewn inside, with a bright blue quilted lining!

I believe this was a promotional item, or a gift for a dealer...I don't ever recall seeing them for sale, and have never seen another!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I think I saw a pic of Don Prudhome wearing a jacket like that one time years ago. It was a black and white pic, so don't know about the color.

Latest posts

Back