Purple People Eater

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Gasser

The Purple People Eater at Paso, 2000...

...first pic is Saturday morning, towing it into the park...
...second pic is Friday night at the Shifters party at the bowling alley...

Attachments

• ppe1.jpg
    ppe1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 104
  • ppe2.jpg
    ppe2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 100
I've loved this car since the first time I saw it! It's definitely an iconic and polarizing car. For those unaware, I just found some technical details on the engine (the below was written by his brother, on another forum:

It started life as a 1956 316 cubic inch engine. Its approx. cubic inch is 450. It has ported and polished 1957 Pontiac heads with custom made valves and aftermarket rocker arms. The rocker arm studs have had pins drilled in to them. a CT stroker crankshaft,early production Mickey Thompson aluminum rods,Venolia forged pistons,roller cam, 671 Don Hampton blower, 8 strombergs (until recently the car was running lean ! ) Vertex magneto,zoomie headers,etc,etc. The trans was originally a B & M Hydro but now a built 2 speed aluminum Powerglide with custom made adapter is attached to the engine. The rear is a 1957 Pontiac with 4.11 locker.

For all those who haven't seen it before, this is what it looks like these days:

082_zps693b94e1.jpg

59cefc7a2e179233458a90f458609312.jpg

And of course, here's the view from the director's chair:

100_1833.jpg

And here's a video: Purple People Eater 1/8th mile

Purple People Eater POV

Latest posts

Back