Mopar 318 wide block

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peabody

What do you fellers know about mopars ..
?
I have a 64 dodge 1/2 ton..
With a 318 wideblock in it.. three on the tree..
63k actual miles on it..
It's just sitting there.. all sad and alone..:(

It looks exactly like this..

Attachments

• images-9.jpeg
    images-9.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 38
:) Use Dodge van front lower a-arms and flip the axle on the back leaf springs :cool:
Keep the engine since it runs :D

The 'wide block or Poly' is a good motor, so keep it. Don't take a perfectly good Mopar motor out of a Mopar truck to put in a Chevy, [gross].
Chrysler wanted to water down their Hemi V-8 overhead valve motors. The motors needed to be lighter, cheaper and easier to make than the Hemispheric combustion chamber headed 'Hemis'. The Chrysler engineers came up with the polispheric combustion chamber heads so they could use only one rocker shaft and still have canted valves. On the 'Poly' motors the combustion chamber is multi-angled and not quite hemispherical and the valves are not quite canted away from each other as much as the 'hemi'. The rocker arms are on the same rockershaft, but the intakes rock one direction and exhausts pivot the opposite way. These Poli's aren't quite as good as a Hemi but they're real tough and pretty strong runners.
Look up PolySuperPac for headers, fourbarrel intakes, racing cams, and valve covers.
Nobody in their right mind takes a Mopar out of a Mopar to put in a Chevy.

Nice truck.

The 'wide block or Poly' is a good motor, so keep it. Don't take a perfectly good Mopar motor out of a Mopar truck to put in a Chevy, [gross].
Chrysler wanted to water down their Hemi V-8 overhead valve motors. The motors needed to be lighter, cheaper and easier to make than the Hemispheric combustion chamber headed 'Hemis'. The Chrysler engineers came up with the polispheric combustion chamber heads so they could use only one rocker shaft and still have canted valves. On the 'Poly' motors the combustion chamber is multi-angled and not quite hemispherical and the valves are not quite canted away from each other as much as the 'hemi'. The rocker arms are on the same rockershaft, but the intakes rock one direction and exhausts pivot the opposite way. These Poli's aren't quite as good as a Hemi but they're real tough and pretty strong runners.
Look up PolySuperPac for headers, fourbarrel intakes, racing cams, and valve covers.
Nobody in their right mind takes a Mopar out of a Mopar to put in a Chevy.

Nice truck.

I had no ideal. [S
Now you've got me intrigued with this motor i have.
And yes..lol..
I get it...
No chevy motors in mopars [cl
Someday... someday.. I'll turn her over to Old Iron..
And tell him to have at it ..:D

He is the boss.

Okay you had you bring up the old Dodge pickup, my buddy up here is in love with a 1965 Fargo (Canadian version of the Dodge) said if he ever found one he would buy it. Last summer when I was looking for my RR build the same guy that had my Essex cab had this in his quanset. He even had a NOS Fargo tailgate for it. His wife and I bought it and kept it secret till last Crhistmas.

See video below.

https://youtu.be/tPgAdwXkkAg

:cool:

Okay you had you bring up the old Dodge pickup, my buddy up here is in love with a 1965 Fargo (Canadian version of the Dodge) said if he ever found one he would buy it. Last summer when I was looking for my RR build the same guy that had my Essex cab had this in his quanset. He even had a NOS Fargo tailgate for it. His wife and I bought it and kept it secret till last Crhistmas.

See video below.

https://youtu.be/tPgAdwXkkAg

Cool story and video! !

1966 and back had the BIG 318 in them. I think I'm right on the year. They were tough engines.

A guy I know has a 67 Fargo long bed that had the 318 Poly. Eventually he got tired of its lazy performance and poor mileage. So he put a crown Vic suspension in the front and a 440 with push button shift. Kind of unique.

Now he's doing a crew cab, but it's also getting the crown Vic's 4.6 fuel injected powertrain. Those old Mopar trucks are unique no matter what you do to them.

Ever see the episode on gas monkey garage?
They souped up a swept line Dodge..
...-----.....-----.....----.....-----.....-----.....
And the light bulb went off...[S
I've got one of those trucks !! [cl

Only thing i need right now is .......money :D

1966 and back had the BIG 318 in them. I think I'm right on the year. They were tough engines.

I do believe your correct, from what im reading. .
Yeah... we'll keep what we got.
Yep, lift the hood... it's all motor.
I'll get some better pictures of it.
Patina looks good. Old faded red and white.
Interior still looks pretty good.
It's a long bed with the round tail lights.
But I'm partial to long beds.. never was a fan of short BEDS, till i came across the 37 GMC.
Someday.. hope to do something with it.

Latest posts

Back