What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started working on the 400 sb out of my old Nova. The new owner is going to be putting it back in after some upgrades. New heads with bigger valves and small combustion chambers to bump the compression, new 280 cam, timing chain and intake. This motor ran great stock even with the Rochester 2GC and points distributor.

My wife went and got the grandson.
She's at work so it's just the boys at home today.
The bulldogges love him
But they are so strong that they push him around.
They won't hurt him but it is annoying for him.
He forgot that I bought him a GREEN MACHINE.
It's like a big wheel but way cooler.

Yep, ole black Bart best watch his Ps and qs now that the chicken butt kid
Scourge of the badlands is in town

I have just spent all day Friday and today laying under my Son Dan's 2004 Mach 1, putting lowering suspension under it. This is the car he and I flew up to Philadelphia to buy last fall, and the one he swore he was going to leave bone stock. So much for that plan !:rolleyes:

He decided it sat a couple of inches too high, so we are tearing out all the front and rear suspension and installing all new urethane bushings, new struts, camber plates, lower bars,springs, etc, etc. Should take us about another weekend or so.

It would go faster, but Dan is.......how do I put this?...............anal ! Every piece that is coming off is getting scrubbed clean and coated with Gibbs Spray to keep it from rusting. He also doesn't want any scratches on the underside of the car, so we have to put rags on any pry bars and be extremely careful.

I see a drink and hot shower in my immediate future. :D

Don

Cleaning and re-jetting carbs on the ole CB750, new plugs also. :D
For my 71st next month i'm doing a road trip to Fort Worth on the 43 yr old bike, only 56000 on it. Wish us luck, together we're 114.

Excellent Soltz. Take some pix along the way for us. Are you riding at night?
I could not do it in the sun myself.

Thanks guys
I'm starting day time but we'll see how it goes.
i did it non-stop last time but that was 25 yrs ago. The plan is to hit fire stations for breaks.
and yes i'll document it with pix.

Thanks guys
I'm starting day time but we'll see how it goes.
i did it non-stop last time but that was 25 yrs ago. The plan is to hit fire stations for breaks.
and yes i'll document it with pix.

Sounds like fun to me. Enjoy but be careful, word has it you're not as young as you think you are. HA!

I spent Friday afternoon/night and all-day Saturday helping the local roller derby team put on a big show, so I didn't get much done on the Ford. This is what I got done today...custom radiator hoses and the cold-air induction.

Attachments

• intake system 2.jpg
    intake system 2.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Intake system1.jpg
    Intake system1.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 10
  • lower hose 2.jpg
    lower hose 2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
  • lower hose 3.jpg
    lower hose 3.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 10
  • top hose.jpg
    top hose.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 10
friend

long time friend of mine who knew Jimmy got married today and l had the honor of them using Alice as the backdrop.

Later :D

Attachments

• wedding 062.jpg
    wedding 062.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 17
  • wedding 066.jpg
    wedding 066.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 16
Cleaned, and straightened up a section of my building...had to move a couple of my '57 projects outside for some air as I did it

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 11
Cleaning and re-jetting carbs on the ole CB750, new plugs also. :D
For my 71st next month i'm doing a road trip to Fort Worth on the 43 yr old bike, only 56000 on it. Wish us luck, together we're 114.

You don't want that old CB anymore, Soltz. [ddd I'll come dispose of it for you [cl

My dad had a couple of SOHC CB750's, one had an 811 kit in it. I've been trying to find a good example but they're hard to come by up here and don't last long.

Not much hot rod stuff, but yesterday I met up with sc5080 while he was in town. Had a nice breakfast and took him for about a 60km tour of the city in the ol' GMC. I wonder if he stopped grinning yet. ;)

I stand by my statement that this forum has the best members of any I've seen, any I've met in person are truly great people!

You don't want that old CB anymore, Soltz. [ddd I'll come dispose of it for you [cl

My dad had a couple of SOHC CB750's, one had an 811 kit in it. I've been trying to find a good example but they're hard to come by up here and don't last long.

snopro, you wouldn't want this old thing. When it's needed i'm thinking a 900 kit [S

MC021_zpsvr4bttox.jpg

Latest posts

Back