Silver Hawk rat project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lusted after a 59 Studebaker Golden Hawk when I was a younger man.
It had the V-8 Package (289 I think???) AND a McCulloch super charger setup on it.
The guy wanted $3000 for it and you could drive it away. I couldn't scrape up the bread.:eek:
Ah.... the good old days. :D
Torchie

One of my favorite years, dig those fins. I always thought it was more Italian inspired than Detroit.

I wouldn't go with the Rusty Rat look, I'm thinking more "ENZO" inspired road car.

I lusted after a 59 Studebaker Golden Hawk when I was a younger man.
It had the V-8 Package (289 I think???) AND a McCulloch super charger setup on it.
The guy wanted $3000 for it and you could drive it away. I couldn't scrape up the bread.:eek:
Ah.... the good old days. :D
Torchie

Yep there are a couple Golden Hawks around here with the MuCulloch supercharger. They're sure neat cars.

You're correct that it was a 289. Those Stude 289's are neat.

There was one abandoned in a vacant lot in KC when i was a kid. Had the Packard 352 with factory two fours. Easy to get a new title in MO in those days.
Should have towed it home. Guess i could go back and see if it still there. :rolleyes:

I got an abandoned '66 Nova SuperSport in Kansas that way, Sat in a vacant lot for couple years. My brother inquired about it at the DMV. He got a title. Put a battery in it and drove it home to Minnesota. Thanks bro.

Latest posts

Back