73 Astre

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59imp

here's my 73 Pontiac Astre GT. it's a 350/350 combo, mini-tubbed with a narrowed 12 bolt and a 4:56 posi. 2500 stall converter shift kit and B&M shifter. the body is a little rough and the paint is faded out but i kinda like it that way. N50 15 tires on 15x10 American Racing 200S rims. it's a mild small with a gear drive, so it's pretty snappy but sounds a lot tougher than it really is.... tons of fun though.

DSC06321.jpg

DSC06324.jpg

DSC06329.jpg

DSC06326.jpg

My first car was a '77 Vega that I swapped a 327 into, back when I was 17.:cool: Kicking in passing gear would do "interesting" things to your direction of travel, those puny 13's just didn't hook up! :D[ddd

I'd love to build another one some day. Yours is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pics.:cool:[P

Regards,
Shea:)

Shea, I don't think you would be "highjacking" this thread if you, at this point, posted a pic of your Vega. Listen, man I miss my first car so much, anyway, c'mon dig one out we want to see it.

Shea, I don't think you would be "highjacking" this thread if you, at this point, posted a pic of your Vega. Listen, man I miss my first car so much, anyway, c'mon dig one out we want to see it.

Geez, I'll have to FIND one!!!!:eek::D Then, scan it. No digital photography back in the late eighties, remember! ;)

I'll see what I can do...I'll tell you this much, 59Imp's is MUCH prettier to look at![P

Regards,
Shea:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back