'63 Galaxie 500

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I recently purchased this Galaxie. It's a really nice car, and has the powertrain to motivate it right on down the road! .040 over 390, 10:1 compression, 538 lift cam, 750 Edelbrock, TCI Streetfighter C6, 3.89 gears out back. I may trade the powertrain for something more streetable, so I can drive the car whenever I feel like it. As is, it costs $30 to drive to work and back.:eek: But, by the GPS, it'll run 100 in a quarter mile.

Attachments

• driver_side_390.jpg
    driver_side_390.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0858_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF0858_edited-1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0862_edited-1.jpg
    DSCF0862_edited-1.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 38
change the rear gears to 3.00's, and you might see a 10-20% percent drop in gas usage.

that and install a vacuum gage and teach yourself to drive it while maintaining the highest vacuum reading possible. that's the biggest challenge of all, staying out of the loud pedal.

oh yeah, it is one bad ass looking car!!!

I've got the 390/Streetfighter C6 in the classifieds......and a mild 302/AOD ready to go in it. Next will be four wheel disks, urethane bushings, etc.

The Galaxie is gone!

Well, instead of completely changing a great car, I traded it off. I got a '26 Dodge Brothers coupe, running and driving. I plan to change some stuff, but I can enjoy it while I'm gathering parts. :D

Yeah, I like Fords, too. I've had a bunch of them. I bought the Galaxie on impulse, from a friend, because it was so nice. But as I thought about it, I didn't want to change it completely....that would be a shame. So I found someone who loves it and I got what I've always wanted...an old coupe. Now I just need to get healed up to where the Dr will let me do something, finish my wife's car, do some paint jobs people are waiting for, then work on changing the coupe some. At least I can drive it as I'm messing with it! :D

Latest posts

Back