my 49 ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working on some more body work on the front end while it's off. Called today to find some parts for the flathead 6, need a water pump.

Found Egge that specializes in older car parts, thought great can order the water pump and oil canister. The water pump is no longer available, now you need to send in your old one and they will put new bearing and seals for $162 plus shipping. Any other good sources out there?:confused:

Dave

...small progress

got the front end off....finally got the sawzall out and started cutting the rusted bolts in stead of trying to wrench them off.

Unbelievable how much dirt was under that engine.

Dave

Attachments

• DSC00738.jpg
    DSC00738.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00736.jpg
    DSC00736.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00737.jpg
    DSC00737.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 45
started with lower front fender repairs. got the passenger side done, now on to the driver's side. before lower fender picts and a cleaner engine pan, you can actually see a space under the oil pan.

Dave

Attachments

• DSC00739.jpg
    DSC00739.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00741.jpg
    DSC00741.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00743.jpg
    DSC00743.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 37
2nd fender repair driver's side in primer, passenger side done. a shot of my crazy non-attack dog Alaska.

Dave

Attachments

• DSC00756.jpg
    DSC00756.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 44
Nice job on the fender repair.[cl
Typical F- series rust. I have yet to see one that didn't have bad front fenders.
Your dog looks like he's dressed for business.[cl:D:cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Nice job on the fender repair.[cl
Typical F- series rust. I have yet to see one that didn't have bad front fenders.
Your dog looks like he's dressed for business.[cl:D:cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

It was a special day with a tie my daughter got from disneyworld. One of the many things Alaska chewed up.

Dave

a close up pict of the gas glass bowl. I guess this is for a water separator?[S

thought it is pretty cool, thumb screw to tighten it against the seal. excuse my ignorance on these engines, first time i've worked on any flat head much less a straight six.

Dave

Attachments

• DSC00757.jpg
    DSC00757.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 39
Love the truck man!!! My dad had one back in the day... we took it on many deer hunting trips! Those were the good ol daze! [cl

BoB

a close up pict of the gas glass bowl. I guess this is for a water separator?[S

thought it is pretty cool, thumb screw to tighten it against the seal. excuse my ignorance on these engines, first time i've worked on any flat head much less a straight six.

Dave

These were the "inline" fuel filters of the day. You could remove the glass and replace the filter element. I restored a couple of 35 hp 1957 Johnson outboard motors and they each had one inside the engine cowling. Some insurance companies get freaking about insuring you if they see those.....LOL
Keep at it.....
[P [P [P
Torchie

They collected water well. One time, on a very cold winter night, driving my 223 I6 powered 61 Ford F100, the truck just stopped like it ran out of gas. I had an ice cube in the bowl. Once removed, it ran fine again. Fixing the problem in a foot of show wasn't all that much fun.

been raining off and on the past two weeks, gettin' into my play time with the truck. even hailed the other day.

I did make time to add a couple of braces under the front fenders, bugged me that when leaning over to work on the engine they would pop in...a lot of flat area on top.

might get a week of sunshine coming up, maybe able to make some more progress. I'm hoping to add the wiring set I got to it but due to my lack of organization I can't believe that I can't find it. Really getting frustrated that I can't find it. How do you lose a big roll of wire?

Dave

Attachments

• DSC00760.jpg
    DSC00760.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00761.jpg
    DSC00761.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00762.jpg
    DSC00762.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 34
been raining off and on the past two weeks, gettin' into my play time with the truck. even hailed the other day.

I did make time to add a couple of braces under the front fenders, bugged me that when leaning over to work on the engine they would pop in...a lot of flat area on top.

might get a week of sunshine coming up, maybe able to make some more progress. I'm hoping to add the wiring set I got to it but due to my lack of organization I can't believe that I can't find it. Really getting frustrated that I can't find it. How do you lose a big roll of wire?

Dave

Don't worry man, it will always be in the last place you look...:D

Latest posts

Back