Still searching for a T5

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stans52

After driving close to 200 miles, and the T5 that has the mechanical spedo drive didn't exist. Wish people knew what they are selling. So my next opportunity is a BorgWarner T5 with a electronic speedometer drive, and have the tail shaft modified to accept a mechanical spedo cable. I found a 1990 T 5 transmission for 175 maybe less, and tail shaft modification around 200. I think this is the best can do for now. The 84-7 S 10 transmissions are out there , but very expensive. Anyone know about the later modified T5 tail shafts?, or use one. I would like t put a T5 I my 52 Plymouth coupe. I did find a Jeep Cherokee rear end today, it looks like it will a good fit. Picked it up for 150. Stan

You could by and adapter to run the mechanical speedo from the electronic sender. They are around 300. I have been looking at them for the ford I'm finishing

gps speedos are pretty painless. No muss, no fuss regardless of what you run for tire diameter, rear gears etc.

Latest posts

Back