Motor Monday... whatcha got?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Due to the EU's Global Data Protection Regulation, our website is currently unavailable to visitors from most European countries. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to visit www.motortrend.com for the latest on new cars, car reviews & news, concept cars and auto show coverage, awards and much more.

[S well, at least I`m protected....

Here ya go, dutch.

Joe says, "I didn't want to just put a small-block back in it—I wanted something unique." And he knew exactly what. A few years before getting the altered, he'd found half of a small-block Chevy engine in a field. The engine needed a complete rebuild, but it already had several speed parts, including a magneto and a Hilborn injection system that was also cut in half.

The process of cutting a small-block Chevy in half to form a high-revving inline four-cylinder engine was common practice in the 1960s, mainly in the dirt-track, quarter-midget racing world. Joe sent the engine block to LTR Racing Engines in Onyx, California, which did a complete rebuild on the block and made plates to cover the hole in the block where the other half had been removed.

attachment.php

Be careful or you might get zapped! The four spark plugs on the Bantam's firewall are not extras; they are the spark plugs that belong in the half of the engine that is missing. They are connected to the magneto. Joe built this block for the plugs to sit in so they can spark without affecting the firing order of the running half of the engine.

Attachments

• cc 727.jpg
    cc 727.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 54
Thanks Doc. So that works with everything V8 without the rods and pistons and half the block... [S

Do you know what was considered "high revving" for those engines?

Is that a young Mickey T.?

I've been intending to comment about the two home made multi carb set ups shown a few posts ago. Would sure like to know if they were successful.

Latest posts

Back