Motor Monday... whatcha got?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motor Monday: I'll take a 12-pack please!!! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• 12pacnail.jpg
    12pacnail.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 27
Looks like Quality Control. I think they pull one off the Assembly Line in the background and connect it to the test station. Probably an early Dyno. It's got at least three viewing screens. Horsepower, torque, A/F ratio , vibration are possibilities.

Looks like Quality Control. I think they pull one off the Assembly Line in the background and connect it to the test station. Probably an early Dyno. It's got at least three viewing screens. Horsepower, torque, A/F ratio , vibration are possibilities.

You are probably right on the money Bob! Now that I look at them more, are they actually aluminum engines, destined for the Tempest, etc.:confused: I don't see any overspray and the bellhousing area of the block is the same color as the rest of the block.[S

DOHC FE Ford, homebuilt by tool and die maker Jim Gonsalves. Clearly a candidate for NHRA's "Best Engineered" awards, the car was not competitive. Notice in mav's second image, the mag/ignition is moved to the rear and driven directly by one camshaft. :cool:

attachment.php

sTyBJAA.jpg

Attachments

• cc 785.jpg
    cc 785.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 53
You are probably right on the money Bob! Now that I look at them more, are they actually aluminum engines, destined for the Tempest, etc.:confused: I don't see any overspray and the bellhousing area of the block is the same color as the rest of the block.[S

The aluminum 215 has a more conventional head/valve cover and the ignition is up front. I suppose, the engine shown is being spin tested before paint. There's no exhaust, spark plugs, wires or cap on the distributor, yet it appears to be coupled to the machine and "running". :confused:

when you have your mind set on the big block no matter what... :D

Attachments

• huge-engine-on-crappy-car-559d0f0ed9879.jpg
    huge-engine-on-crappy-car-559d0f0ed9879.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back