46 Chevy Trucks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings All!

First let me say thank you well in advance for the help I know I will receive here in RRR as well as that I will try to return the favors as I am able to and within my knowledge base. I have been a gear-head all my life starting with 60s/70s street rods as a teenager to complete restorations during my adult years, and now finally settling in on Ratrods and Rust/Patina Rods for my second childhood.... :)

I have accumulated a few potential projects so far to include a couple of 46 Chevy Pickups - one a complete truck and the other a failed project that the wife said "get it out of here" from a guy across town. My plans are to finish the one that had already been started by the guy across town first and get it up and going for some near-term gratification and fun while preparing for the "Start-to-Finish" build on the other one. I know I will have a ton of questions on both and look forward to the exchanges in learning and sharing. Ideas are welcome.... :D

Here a few pictures of both to start the discussions and information flow. That is a Chevy Blazer frame under the 46 I acquired already started. It has a stock Chevy small block 350 with a 700R4 automatic tranny and stock Blazer rearend. The cab has been mocked up and temporarily attached to the frame. It actually runs and I drove it up on the car hauler. The all original 46 also runs and I drove it up on the car hauler as well.

By the way? I feel better now that I have bared my soul to the group and exposed all my deep, dark secrets and I apologize for the mistakes I am sure to make along the way....[ddd

TurnAroundTrucks

Projects Pending:

46 Chevy Pickups x 2
59 Chevy Apache Stepside Pickup
64 Ford F100 Stepside Pickup (Starred in the new movie Taken3)

Attachments

• 46 Rat to Be 1.jpg
    46 Rat to Be 1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 46 Rat to Be 2.jpg
    46 Rat to Be 2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 46 Rat to Be 3.jpg
    46 Rat to Be 3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 46 Rat to Be 4.jpg
    46 Rat to Be 4.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 33
  • 46 Chevy PU Front.jpg
    46 Chevy PU Front.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 46 Chevy PU Right SIde.jpg
    46 Chevy PU Right SIde.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 46 Chevy PU Rear.jpg
    46 Chevy PU Rear.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 46 Chevy PU Dash.jpg
    46 Chevy PU Dash.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 46 Chevy PU Engine.jpg
    46 Chevy PU Engine.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Welcome! Sure miss my old '46 from way back in the days. That project truck looks pretty cool! Hope you can get it together to enjoy it while you work on the other one, which looks like a long LONG involved restofication... :)

Welcome to Triple RRR

Nice looking start up. Having a driver always makes the builds go better. Will be watching what you do with the 1st one. [P
Keep the pix coming, what smallfoot said is very true.

Howdy neighbor and welcome to RRR. I have some family near Cleveland,I love North Ga.Nice trucks also,by the way. Do you ever go to the swap meet in Commerce? Lot"s of good stuff there.

Looks like a lot of work needed on both, but good starts. In case you didn't know already, the "All Original" truck has a 47-53 bed and rear fenders on it.

I'm interested to see what you do with them.

Ha Ha... I know... all the parts are "all original".... :D The bed is correct as best I can tell? I have 46 fenders to go back on it. Plan to use the 47-53 fenders for a future project.

Last edited:
Ha Ha... I know... all the parts are "all original".... :D The bed is correct as best I can tell? I have 46 fenders to go back on it. Plan to use the 47-53 fenders for a future project.

No the bed is not correct. It's wider and the tailgate is different. Most people won't notice but I just do because the wider bed always looks out of place to me on these trucks, especially the newer block-letter tailgate too. It's yours though, if you don't mind it then it's fine.

Check out this link: https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

05snopro440

Thank you for the GM Vehicle Information Link - very helpful indeed. I measured the bed on the 46 and it measures as a 47-54 as you indicated. I will probably still use it because it is going to be a Ratrod of sorts and still have the look I want (I think?) but that remains to be seen as the project unfolds. Look forward to continued learning from you and the others as I move along my pathway of hands-on training. [cl

Latest posts

Back