new guy from michigan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobigthing

Hi!
I have been checking here for awhile and thought it was time to join.
A little about myself,
I retired from the US Army in 1998. I have been into cars my entire life.
I have built a couple drag cars, one nostalgia altered style car , currently have a 9 sec tube chassis car.
Work for a small company that builds exhaust systems for antique cars as a welder fabricator. I have always loved the build and fabrication part of these cars.
I have been collecting parts and wanting for awhile now to build a bobber style truck, 30s-40s body chopped on hand built chassis, kind of 60s early 70s drag truck for the street.
Currently looking for a cab so I can start this project this winter.
Hope to get some ideas and inspiration from some of the great builds here!
Thanks!! Mike

Attachments

• DSC00377.jpg
    DSC00377.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 20
Welcome from SoCal. That's a very nice little race car [cl
What's the body, kind of looks like a Peugeot but I don't think the suicide doors are right [S
As for a cab, the usual places, swap meet, craigslist, ebay, word of mouth, you might find one around here as well :D

Be sure to let us know what your up to. We love pictures also [cl

dr crankenstein

Thanks.
I lived in nw ind as a kid and went to us30 dragstrip a lot in the 60s 70s.
I always loved that car and when I retired from the army decided to fulfill that childhood dream of building my own.
That's why I always like the different cars

We have a bundle of drag racers here, some active, some inactive, some former and some returning. (You'll fit right in and being one myself, I hope you stick around.)

What's the 9 second tube car?

Welcome from IN! What part of southern MI?

I know a guy who is known to have a few cabs for sale from time to time :D

dr Crankenstein

I started with a Camaro I drag raced while I was still in the Army at little river dragstrip in texas. retired back to Michigan and I built the vespa, Found out real quick I was too big to get comfortable in it.
It would run 9.90s, and with a 90" wheelbase and high center of gravity could be a handful real quick.

I have a friend in NC that always wanted it, so I traded the Vespa for his Tube chassis vette. I cant leave stuff alone so I spent the last 4yrs rebuilding it.

Just got to the track this year with it . It will run in the 9.30s

Want to build me a 30s 40s bobber style truck now so me and the wife can both enjoy. Really I want to scare the crap out of her!

Drag racing is in my blood ,So this new build will be more like a truck that took a wrong turn off the dragstrip and wound up on the street in the 60s.

Attachments

• DSC01699.jpg
    DSC01699.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back