Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really cool love that steering wheel

I do to Dozer. And it's not in bad shape. A couple of cracks on the wheel. The horn ring is in really good shape with no cracks at all.[cl
I never could understand why people replace the OG steering wheels even if they are not replacing the column. Takes away all the character of the car.

Good work Torchie. The dash and steering wheel are nice in those years.
I still haven't gotten over to the local yard to see what they have. I do have the option of a 1949 Plymouth dash from the parts car in my friends pasture, bob.
Torchie

87 Degrees and 90 percent humidity here today.:eek:

Three weeks ago, I had a foot of snow and ice in my yard... today, it's 90°, humid and not a breath of wind. (Too warm, too quick for this cat!)

Anyhow, it's good to see you with another car project and I hope it "ends" like you want it to...

Three weeks ago, I had a foot of snow and ice in my yard... today, it's 90°, humid and not a breath of wind. (Too warm, too quick for this cat!)

Anyhow, it's good to see you with another car project and I hope it "ends" like you want it to...

Same here Dr. It really takes what little wind I have left out of my sails.:eek:.
The plan to hang the doors today quickly evaporated as I got involved with some needed home repairs.
I think that I am going to concentrate on the boat for most of next week to get it to the next big step..
Then I'm going to hit the car hard for a few days.
There really is no time table for the boat other then certain things that have to be done due to shop temps.
Torchie

Saw this 51 on another site ....just thought I'd share in case you haven't seen it.

33615872_1620430984673263_7609150437404442624_n.jpg

thought the proportions looked right....:D

be safe Torchie! its hot as hell here too, I am staying inside!

I will joedoh. Thanks. I am doing things in the morning only right now when the temps are still bearable. Hopefully this heat wave will end soon.

Wow! That took the homely out of it.[dr
Looks like they started with the Dodge version of a fast back kenny. Mine is a what Dodge called a "Club Coupe". Everyone else called them 2 door sedans.:D
The worst part of the top is the REALLY tall rear window. I ponder that every time I look at it.[S
Torchie

When I was a kid, a guy I worked with had a 51 dodge 4 door. It was soon ugly there was no way to make it look good. Yours has a lot of potential. After seeing what you did with the F6 roof I'm sure you could make it look great.

Rear window trough ???
[P[P[P

Don't really want to go that way OI Always a pain to get sealed right.

When I was a kid, a guy I worked with had a 51 dodge 4 door. It was soon ugly there was no way to make it look good. Yours has a lot of potential. After seeing what you did with the F6 roof I'm sure you could make it look great.

Thanks kenny. Trucks can be a hard chop as there is no length to get the flow right. So mostly they just come straight.

This is what I'm dealing with.
The bottom edge of the window opening is 3 inches above the cat walk.:eek:
To the top of the window from the catwalk is 18 inches
And the window is about 41 inches wide at its widest point.
Most of the chops on these. The rear window is laid forward whiich decrease te height of the top edge. BUT. I don't want the top of the rear glass to be higher then the rest. Like the top of the windshield and the tops of the doors
I could take out some of the metal under the window and bring it down closer to the belt line.
OR...
If I can find the right looking window (with the roof metal around it still) transplant the whole thing onto my Dodge.
So many decisions.....[S
Thanks for looking in on me.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4134.JPG
    IMG_4134.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4138.JPG
    IMG_4138.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4137.JPG
    IMG_4137.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4136.JPG
    IMG_4136.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4135.JPG
    IMG_4135.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 42

I have seen the Dr. It looks great but i don't really want to cut thru the rear window or split the roof. And if I lean the stock window forward anyone sitting in the back seat might think they ae riding in a "Vista Cruiser" with the rear glass over there head.:eek: :cool:

Check out a rear window and frame for a 40's chevy. They are smaller and look like they have the same curve.

Now the cats out of the bag OI.:D . I have a 41-48 Ford back glass and the local yard used to have a shell of one there with the back window surround intact.
I hope to get there this weekend.

Thanks for all the comments gang....
Torchie

Too hot to work on the boat today. Nothing worse then sweat mixed with saw dust. Well maybe drywall dust is worse.:eek: [ddd
I started to knock together a new fountain for Mrs Torchie. The base is a old swivel stool that the seat wood delaminated.
The bowl is a 55 gallon drum lid that I took Thor's mighty hammer too and made it into a bowl.[ddd
Started to add some fru- fraws and decided that I had better see if it works.
I also had a surprise visitor so we got the doors hung on the Dodge.
Almost looks like a car again.
That's all for now....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4139.JPG
    IMG_4139.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4141.JPG
    IMG_4141.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4143.JPG
    IMG_4143.JPG