I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old28. I don't know if the ports can support over 5,500 rpm. My suspicion is the horsepower and torque fall off badly at over 5,000. Will try to do some porting and correct that. Then maybe a cam with more duration and a little more lift.

Here's the Anglia axle and aluminum wheels I'll use on the dragster. And a pic of how it is now for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 26
Bob,
Just changing the front rims will save a few Lbs. I ran those same style model A rims on my SDRA dragster. Be sure to get a weight on both setups.

Maybe a good port & polish job on the head and a bit taller cam along with the front end weight loss will net some 10.25 - 10.50 times.

Might think about some holes in the axle like mine. Good building.[;)
552.jpg

I forgot what a good looking dragster you had.

Today my Sammy-Dog went to the Vet. 13 1/2 years old. Tired. In pain. So skinny. Best dog in the world. He didn't come home. Breaks my heart.

I forgot what a good looking dragster you had.

Today my Sammy-Dog went to the Vet. 13 1/2 years old. Tired. In pain. So skinny. Best dog in the world. He didn't come home. Breaks my heart.

So sorry to hear that Bob, they take a piece of our heart with them when they move on.

Bob,
Sorry about your loss. We lost our chocolate Lab of 14 years a few years back, she had cancer. We had to make that same one way trip. Hard to get through.

I sent you a PM with a card our vet put with her when we picked her up. Hope it helps. Hang in there, Tom "old28".

Thank you everyone. Sad around the homestead today. Picture of happier times. The big ones are gone now.

Attachments

• Wife and Dogs 002.jpg
    Wife and Dogs 002.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Bob, Thanks for the nice words on my old SDRA dragster. With your loss of your best friend dragsters don't seem to matter much. The little one misses his/her buddy too. Hang in there.

Sam will forever be in our memories.

Staying busy to keep my mind off of losing him. Got the Anglia front axle mounted in the dragster. Used the spring that was in the car and simply drilled some holes in the wishbone forgings. The spacing was correct. Had to do some trickeration on the wishbones and make rear brackets. All simple stuff. It will sit an inch or more higher in front. The friction shocks will link right up with the tabs already on the axle. Now modifying the steering arm.
Some of the nostalgia races we run at do not like these front wheels. There are no 17" Moon discs available. So I'll make some flat aluminum discs, aptly named Bob discs. Oh, and I'll need some tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 25
Front end looks nice, should work out fine. Will cut some weight off the rig. Looking forward to seeing a set of those "Bob" discs on those aluminum front rims.[S[cl Stay busy, good therapy.

Yeah, the “ traditional police” would give you grief over those front wheels. I’d feel safer running those than the wires. A Bob disc sounds like a good plan![cl[cl[cl[cl

Made a steering arm to get from point A to point B. Somewhat bulky looking but strong.

Attachments

• IMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3083.jpg
    IMG_3083.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back