Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering how you were going to align the B pillar [cl
And the pie cutting the back window frame :)
I learned something today so I can go watch TV now :D
:cool:
[P[P[P

Thanks as always for the comments gang.
You all know me and my build threads. They show the good the bad and the ugly that happens during my builds as well as my life, during these builds.
Well today was supposed to be a rest day but nooooooooo. Torchie just had to push it.
Quite possibly one of the worst cuts I have made since i was about 5.:eek:
Not to mention that I seemed to have forgotten how to weld.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Time to go sit on the front porch and listen to the thunder as a storm rolls in from the Big Lake.
Torchie
p.s. It's good to see more activity on the site again.[cl

Attachments

• IMG_4647.jpg
    IMG_4647.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4646.jpg
    IMG_4646.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 32
Take a break Big Boy. I too was gonna be a couch potato today but, like you not a chance. I went to the shop and made a fuel regulator for the Exmark mower.
It seems the manufacture decided to put the mounting bracket on the opposite side [S :confused: ::rolleyes:
Back in the house now :cool:

Cleaned up yesterdays mess.
Trimmed. Fitted and tacked in the quarter window rear corner.
Perhaps on to the B pillar tomorrow after I give the eyes a rest.:cool:
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4651-1.jpg
    IMG_4651-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 26
Cleaned up yesterdays mess.
Trimmed. Fitted and tacked in the quarter window rear corner.
Perhaps on to the B pillar tomorrow after I give the eyes a rest.:cool:
Torchie.
Yea! The rear corner gets to be round. [clI was "worried" that it would get that pointy style that I was never all that fond of. Yes, I know some of the great customizers used that technique, and it has its place. I am just not a huge fan.

Other then a relief cut to allow for alignment is the same shape as all the other window corners skip. It look pretty much stock. Which will confuse the beejeebies out of some people.;)

Not that I am ready for it yet.....I started to pattern out the sail panel piece that I will need to fabricate. This pattern is larger then what the finished panel will be . I need to have an idea of the curve along the bottom of the panel.
This should get me in the ballpark.
I need to put some more relief cut along the side of the rear window to get that flatter too.
Thanks for looking in......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4664.JPG
    IMG_4664.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4667.jpg
    IMG_4667.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4670.jpg
    IMG_4670.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4671.jpg
    IMG_4671.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 25
Left or right? (No reply necessary! ;))

But required good Dr. Left for the DS and right for the PS.[ddd

Truthfully I'm not sure. I don't have a wheel or the funds to even buy a Harbor Freight cheapie. I know some one that has a wheel but I would need it here in my shop near the car for fitment purposes.
I guess that when the times comes I will break out my trusty bowling ball and a piece of large diameter heavy wall PVC and see what I can do.
I am looking at using 18 gauge, as that is what I have the most of. I think the roof is closer to 16 though. Pretty serious 1949 steel.
More to follow....
Torchie

Hey Torchie, bending wont give you the convex shape you need there. An e-wheel is nothing else but a hammer & anvil... If you draw a screen of lines on the panel and methodicly beat on the crossings of the lines (and maybe a next pass between them if needed) you will see the panel curve evenly. :)

Hey Torchie, bending wont give you the convex shape you need there. An e-wheel is nothing else but a hammer & anvil... If you draw a screen of lines on the panel and methodicly beat on the crossings of the lines (and maybe a next pass between them if needed) you will see the panel curve evenly. :)

Thanks for the grid tip dutch. cool: I usually just go at it with a hammer and what ever I have around here.:eek:
It's going to be a bit before I get to that point but I look a haead as much as possible.
Off to the leg shop today for a front end alignment [ddd :D
Torchie

I will add my thank you for this tip also, Mr. dutch. My brain is spinning with the possibilities. Pounding in lines, curves, spirals, and so on, to get where you want to go. This is great! I have never thought about it in this much of an organized way. What spacing do you use for the lines?

Torchie - My head is also spinning at your speed on this project. I already knew you were good at this stuff.[cl

Latest posts

Back