Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was supposed to be a car day....

So i started to grind of the old paint on the cat walk area.
There must be about 6 coats of pant/sealer/primer on there. When i finally got down to the factory enamel it was like trying to grind a brick.[ddd
Then my friend brought over his 65 Chevelle so we could look at his brakes and then......
Go to Wood is good post.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 27
You're "sinking" the window?

Window bottom has to be "tucked in"and then the entire window area lowered a bit Dr.
I don't like the angle of the rear widow currently. Too much slope. I want to pick up more of the angle of the B pillar. It won't be tucked in much. Maybe an inch? I'll know it when I see it.
I also want the rear window bottom to be at the same level from the belt line as the side windows. Right now it is at least an inch or more higher.
Nit picky stuff I know. But that's just how I am.........[ddd :D
Torchie

You're "sinking" the window?

Here are some pics that hopefully will explain better my response to the good DR.
Pic 1 shows the current position of the rear window. The top of the tape edge is at the level of the window reveal bottom edge.
Pics 2 -3 shows that the top edge of the tape is above the factory edge on the side windows so I need to drop the rear window down so that the top of the tape is in line with the top of the factory side window edge.
Pics 4-5 The outer edge of the yard stick is closer to the angle that I want for the back window as it picks up on the angle of the rear of the side quarter window..
That's it for today on the car.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 32
OK, so the bottom moves forward while the top stays where it's at?
[P[P[P

To be determined OI. Decreasing the angle will drop the bottom edge. BUT... I don't want it to get too upright so it may be a combo of both. I had planned to be at it today but I spent my shop time working o n the keel repair.

That yard stick is a relic!

The car is looking great, awesome work!
Thanks snopro.
That is from the first dealership I worked for, but not in 1967 :eek: More like 1975.
They were cleaning out their parts area and had a bunch of these that I grabbed out of the dumpster.
I had more but this one is now the sole survivor.
My MOM had a large heavy one she used to apply to me when I became unruly. I believe I burned that one......[ddd :D
Don't see many yard sticks anymore.
Torchie

Woke up this morning to find a "Quick" photo shop of the intended new rear window area courtesy of Rik Hoving at the CCC site.
This is closer to the look I have in mind.
Thanks Rik.!
Torchie

Attachments

• 0a6yzytx86ck7zhwm9vu6ysznwfjzizq.jpg
    0a6yzytx86ck7zhwm9vu6ysznwfjzizq.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 49
Back on the Dodge with the help of a friend. I tried to get into the trunk to do the cutting and welding and it almost ended in a 911 call.:eek:
Cut and welded in the hinge support bracket.
Pics 1-3 Cut the lower tack welds and moved the bottom of the window down and forward.
Pic 4 shows the window hanging at pretty much the stock angle.
Pic 5 shows where I think it should be.
Pics 6-8 show that the window will have to move upward a about a half inch to get the correct amount of metal showing under the window edge..
That's it for now.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 27
This shows the current angle and height of the window compared to Riks photo shop.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 0a6yzytx86ck7zhwm9vu6ysznwfjzizq.jpg
    0a6yzytx86ck7zhwm9vu6ysznwfjzizq.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back