Hi, my name is brian

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like mine LB 😏

Attachments

• 20200709_083342.jpg
    20200709_083342.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 23
Finally brought it home

Attachments

• IMG_20221209_090722184_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221209_090722184_HDR.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20221209_093837577_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221209_093837577_HDR.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19
Well we went to do the title paperwork on my lovely state is making me get it inspected!:mad:

Well first off you have to be able to get a hold of the state patrol to actually get something scheduled. That seems to be the worst part of it. I have the title and everything for the car it's just been so long since it's been registered Washington State has thrown it out of their system. So I have to take it in so they can check the VIN number cross-reference it with the title and make sure it's actually what the title says it is. Should be a half hour long nothing major. At least the last one I did was that way

That sounds fairly simple. If anything isn't in the computer here, we have to get an out of province inspection once it's roadworthy. That includes measurement of the brakes, headlight alignment, all systems work properly, it has the proper safety glass, bumpers, a wheel alignment check, etc.

Yours sounds like a breeze!

They told me they want the majority of the major components there. They're more worried about checking to see if stuff is stolen. Not so much about the roadworthiness at this point. I would not put a bunch of money in time into a car that I don't have a title to. If that's how they wanted to do it I don't think I would waste my time.

Here are a couple more pictures of the car and the engine that is for it. The engine is attached to a orchard fan that was built and used locally for walnut orchards. Funny enough it was actually used on the only local Walnut farm that is about 2 minutes down the road from my dad's new place. Engine turns over has compression, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the car. I might put the stock engine back in it and get it running and driving. I might also just put it up for sale as is. I do not have time for a project I was just saving this one from the crusher essentially

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_164416865.jpg
    IMG_20221213_164416865.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221213_164426001.jpg
    IMG_20221213_164426001.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221213_164434408.jpg
    IMG_20221213_164434408.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20221213_164551055_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221213_164551055_HDR.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20221213_164608275_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221213_164608275_HDR.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221213_164524608.jpg
    IMG_20221213_164524608.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 15
Glad we don’t have that problem here, no titles required for anything over 35 years old. Simply go in with a bill of sale with the numbers on it and get a tag. Got to have a valid liability insurance policy on it though.

Glad we don’t have that problem here, no titles required for anything over 35 years old. Simply go in with a bill of sale with the numbers on it and get a tag. Got to have a valid liability insurance policy on it though.

That makes it easy. Question, you have to prove insurance at time of transferring it into your name? My insurance company checks to make sure it's in my name before they insure it. I wish it was that easy here. Maybe I should send you the bill of sale and have you put it in your name and then I can get it back from you lol

They told me they want the majority of the major components there. They're more worried about checking to see if stuff is stolen. Not so much about the roadworthiness at this point. I would not put a bunch of money in time into a car that I don't have a title to. If that's how they wanted to do it I don't think I would waste my time.

Here are a couple more pictures of the car and the engine that is for it. The engine is attached to a orchard fan that was built and used locally for walnut orchards. Funny enough it was actually used on the only local Walnut farm that is about 2 minutes down the road from my dad's new place. Engine turns over has compression, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the car. I might put the stock engine back in it and get it running and driving. I might also just put it up for sale as is. I do not have time for a project I was just saving this one from the crusher essentially

Fortunately, our system is a lot simpler than yours in that regard. If we have a bill of sale and the VIN isn't listed in the computer at all (not stolen or anything), then we get a thorough inspection done when the vehicle is roadworthy and registered. No title to worry about. In a lot of ways I think the title system is a bigger headache. As long as you have a vin plate the worst that will happen for us is you have to go back and get something reinspected again. An out of province inspection is an annoyance, but if I didn't build stuff because it wasn't in the system, it would be slim pickings for any vehicle projects. Almost all old cars have to be done that way here. My only way around it on say my Model A would be to get it roadworthy in stock form, get it inspected and registered, then hot rod it. To me, that's the part that's not worth my time. We all just have to do our best with the annoying government systems we have in our area :cool:

There's a 49 Chev coupe on my local classifieds. It has a great patina and the price is right. I keep telling myself I don't need another project. We'll see how long I can continue to hold off for. That deck lid on your car looks like it took a mighty hit.

We also need insurance before we can register the vehicle.

Latest posts

Back