Vavavoom Garage.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually talked to the guy at Deuce Days in Victoria, BC. He had this Model A roadster pickup there, much like what I'm building. He was exactly as eccentric as you would expect someone with this many cars to be.

He's only a 12.5 hour drive from me.

Attachments

• PXL_20220717_175753889.jpg
    PXL_20220717_175753889.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 31
  • PXL_20220717_175529433.jpg
    PXL_20220717_175529433.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 29
Depending on some of those unknown factors, it might be well worth the effort to go and save some... Right now, fuel prices alone from here to there would be prohibitive! I was mainly wondering what kind of hoops they make you go thru up there or if there even is any problem.

I think if I remember correctly last time we crossed you have to show proof of ownership. If there's no titles for them that could cause problems. Like I said it has been a while I'm not sure if things have changed

We don't have titles in Canada. I know importing a car from the US to Canada it has to have a title. Here a bill of sale is enough to prove ownership but I wonder if it needs to be registered as well to export it to the US. Perhaps importing it as parts could resolve that.

We don't have titles in Canada. I know importing a car from the US to Canada it has to have a title. Here a bill of sale is enough to prove ownership but I wonder if it needs to be registered as well to export it to the US. Perhaps importing it as parts could resolve that.

Yeah I have sold a couple cars to Canada and that has been the issue. They had titles but they were having trouble locating VIN numbers which they had. But it was kind of a struggle to get across the border. Not sure in Washington state you could get a title for a car from just a bill of sale from Canada. Might be worth looking into just in case something falls into my lap from up north

No problems at all when I went.
In fact the border patrol office asked what we were entering Canada for and I told him we were gonna get an old car and he told me that was great, they wanted all the old cars gone and that when I came back across the border we didn't even have to stop just keep going, he waved as we drove by.

Latest posts

Back