What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a very GOOD weekend !!!!! My 27 is finally almost back together after the wreck, the only thing left is to repaint the headers and put them back on.

I've had this car on the road for 30 years, and this is about the 4th time I have torn it apart for a freshening up. I am on the 3rd engine, and the car has gone from flat purple to satin black over that time. Today, Dan helped me get the interior reinstalled, and the steering and shifter put back in.

Tomorrow is Fathers Day, so we will be going out to dinner, but Monday night I plan to work on the headers and get them back on, then I am DONE !!! :D

Dr. Crankenstein was nice enough to send me a PM , showing how to enlarge my pictures, but I still haven't had time to try what he showed me, so , for now, please just click on them to get them bigger.

Attachments

• 27 back together.jpg
    27 back together.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 27 back together 2.jpg
    27 back together 2.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 27 back together 3.jpg
    27 back together 3.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 31
I'm wondering, do you have any pictures of the damage incurred? I don't mean to pour salt in the wound, just curious!

I do, but I just bought a new computer and put all the pictures from my old one onto a disc and don't have them in this one yet. I'm worried about transferring them over because I had some kind of virus in the old computer and don't want it to infect this new one.

Visually, it was just a huge crack that ran up the middle of the back section, about to the middle of the trunk lid area. Didn't look like much, really, but it entailed pulling the whole car apart, down to the bare body, which is what I took to the body shop. I was very impressed with his insurance company, Hartford, they were very responsive and made sure I was completely satisfied.

In the 30 years this car has been on the road, I have never worried about driving in traffic, but I am going to not be as relaxed now that this has happened. We have some really bad drivers here in Florida.

Sure looks good Don...[cl[cl

Now...bout that roadster pu.....;)

Thanks. I really want to get back on the rpu. It is going to be fun to put together because I am going to leave the body in some kind of patina, and I HATE bodywork ! :D

In the next week or so, I plan to move it from where it has been sitting to a spot where I can pull the body and get crackin' on it.

Wow Don, I've always loved that car & although it's sad it got wrecked, I'm also happy since it looks like a new build now & looks like many more years of drivin' pleasure's coming your way!!! [cl:D:D[cl

In the 30 years this car has been on the road, I have never worried about driving in traffic, but I am going to not be as relaxed now that this has happened. We have some really bad drivers here in Florida.

That's definitely one thing I don't miss about Houston... horrible traffic & equally horrible drivers on their cell phones!

BoB

I love that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Don, I've always loved that car & although it's sad it got wrecked, I'm also happy since it looks like a new build now & looks like many more years of drivin' pleasure's coming your way!!! [cl:D:D[cl

That's definitely one thing I don't miss about Houston... horrible traffic & equally horrible drivers on their cell phones!

BoB

Thanks, Old Iron and Bob......I appreciate it. I missed having the old gal around these past few months, and, although it was a pain tearing it all apart and putting it back together, it was really time for it to be freshened up. Not a great way to get there, but.........

When the guy who hit me handed me his drivers license, and I saw he was born in 1923 (!) I couldn't believe he was still walking, let alone driving. Down here, the median age is one foot in the grave.:rolleyes:

Got my buddy's gate piece done...come on rust!!!:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0688.jpg
    DSCN0688.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN0689.jpg
    DSCN0689.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 46
I know the weekend just started but I can already tell what I'm going to be doing this weekend. We've had torrential rains every day for a month. We pretty much lost the road into here today. Been moving dirt all day. Get close to good enough only to be dashed by another flooding rain. Had crushed concrete on order to be delivered today. Didn't show. So now we have a few vehicles back here and some up front at the road. The screwballs that guess at the weather have no good news for all of next week...
If you need an idea of how much water there is laying around. This is a shot of my backstop where we shoot. There is a pallet leaned up against a dirt mound in this pic.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0704.jpg
    DSCN0704.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 76
House is high and dry. That mile long driveway has water flowing across in 3 spots. Once the water crosses the road it doesn't take long for things to get washed out so bad we don't have a vehicle tall enough to get thru. I'll be down working at it again all day today. If I had a set of adapters that would work, I'd have some lugged tractor tires on my 31...[ddd:D

Shoot that's just a heavy dew [ddd
As long as you're high and dry and safe, you really don't have anywhere to go that can't wait. [P[P[P

Wow, Smallfoot, that is really flooded. Have you considered joining an airboat forum ? :D

I guess that is the price of living in paradise. Looks really pretty up there.

I'm doing a few small things to our Studebaker and hope to drive it to a cruise-in this evening, weather permitting.

Attachments

• 20180705_193340.jpg
    20180705_193340.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 27
I gave the chevy some more attitude!

Attachments

• 20180711_175415.jpg
    20180711_175415.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180711_175421.jpg
    20180711_175421.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 15