TBT... Throwback Thursday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So after I installed the flathead (as shown a few posts ago) in my Model A truck a fellow Sleepers club member replaced the 303 Olds in his '50 Olds. I grabbed the cast off 303 and put it in the A. Never did get it running with the flathead.

Nice work on the Jeep, Billy.

I never took pics of my vehicles early on so, I don't have any pic of this.
1968 at age 17 I built my first hotrod. I started with a 58 Volks Wagon body that a local Olds dealer gave me, built a 2" tube frame, 9" rear out of a 59 Ford, steering column and brake pedal out of a 53 Chevy, back seat from a 66 Mustang, buggy leaf frontend ??? and a 392 Hemi w/auto trans :D
Man did the neighbors ever hate me [ddd

Always loved beetles & this was one I had in the mid 80's. Tried to run it fenderless but got hassled by the cops a few times & went back to fenders!

BoB

Attachments

• mybug.jpg
    mybug.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 29

Continuing with my first build way back in around 1958. When the Olds engine went in my Model A pickup, the flathead came out. It went under a birch tree where the original 4 banger from the truck was hanging out. Later, I traded the flathead for a couple cases of beer. That flathead today would be worth at least a couple thousand.

Wow Bob, that Flathead in the wagon brings back some memories for me :)
In the summer of '75 my best friend got a '49 Ford PU that had a flathead six in it and of course the first thing he did was start looking for a V-8. Found one in a '53 Ford sedan that had been wrecked and pushed into the woods behind a friends house. It was about 300 yards from the road and the brush had grown up quite a bit since it had been put there. This being before the advent of the ATV, the only thing we could come up with to haul the engine out of there was two young strong backs and an old red wagon. :p
Thanks for the memories. :cool:

Okay since we are talkin' "Bugs" here's a throwback to 1980........

......my '66 Bug, the only one I ever owned but have always wanted another. A bit of dirt lot body work going on in this pic.....notice the newspaper over the left front tire. :p

These are a few of my past rides . Some two wheel, some four. The two shovel heads in the photos are the same bike. The two black bikes are also the same bike. I liked to change them up now and then. The Indian Chief ,I could never bond with so I sold it after just a few months. My two 48 F1's that were a blast . The sporty was a wrecked bike that I took completely apart and built it back again. All done in my little shop. I even re spoked the red powder coated wheels.
image.jpg
Sorry for the photo of a photo. Hahaha

The first car I chopped 20 years ago. It was a friends he let me try and we took 6 inches out of it. He wanted to go 9 but I talked him out of it.
Tim

Attachments

• 4de33971-ef84-43ec-87f2-8971f34c72b8_zpsd4cc9c1f.jpg
    4de33971-ef84-43ec-87f2-8971f34c72b8_zpsd4cc9c1f.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 41
Road this little jewel back from Medera California to Springfield Mo. when I was 19 in 1970.
59 panhead 1761 miles, 5 days (daylight only), by myself.
The gas tank was a small Sporty, held 1 gal. of gas and the bike would go 35 miles. I only ran out of gas 1 time but, had a Purex jug with my reserve in it, tied to the sissy bar :cool:
Great experience but, would not do it again, ever.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jim's 59 panhead.jpg
    Jim's 59 panhead.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 149
My contribution to TBT
My 1940 Chevy circa 1975.
I'm the one in the overalls.....
Torchie.

Attachments

• 264749_194816593904462_5851189_n.jpg
    264749_194816593904462_5851189_n.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 75
My 1st Harley! Hard tail... kick start... z-bars! I weighted all of 150 lbs... things have definitely changed!!!
[ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• meharley.jpg
    meharley.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 73
TBT: Back in Black... back in the day I had a black Ghia & a black Yami 650 Midnight Special! Loved both of them & wish I had them back!!! [dr

BoB

Attachments

• ghiabike.jpg
    ghiabike.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 31
I guess it's still thursday somewhere. Mix dial up with photobucket running slow and it takes an hour to post 3 pix...Cool pix guys! Did I say I was crude?
61 Ghia rat. Chopped the fender wells and rear body with a tomahawk...jeez!!! Early 70s

This is my 54 3100. Bought from a friend for 100 buck snorts and drug it out of the woods. Had a 235 I swapped to a 230. Lost the torque tube and rear end and replaced with a muncie 3 speed in front of a posi rear out of an old game warden's truck. Early 70s again. Traded it in on a brand new 77 C10.

I never took pics of my vehicles early on so, I don't have any pic of this.
1968 at age 17 I built my first hotrod. I started with a 58 Volks Wagon body that a local Olds dealer gave me, built a 2" tube frame, 9" rear out of a 59 Ford, steering column and brake pedal out of a 53 Chevy, back seat from a 66 Mustang, buggy leaf frontend ??? and a 392 Hemi w/auto trans :D
Man did the neighbors ever hate me [ddd

I remembered a V8 Volkswagon in the late 60's that was on Kearney Street.
was that that yours?

Latest posts

Back