This screwed my day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Had the pickup in the back yard yesterday. Got in to move it, knew I had to back between two trees, looked into side mirror and thought I was clear, backed directly into the smaller tree.:mad: Been looking online, seems stepside tailgates are few and far between, can't even find anybody selling new ones.

DSCF1063 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
DSCF1061 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
DSCF1064 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
DSCF1065 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

Smooth move.

When I wreck something like that, I can hear my wife and kids saying to each other, "Glad I didn't do it." :eek:

Good luck finding a replacement. (I say that in sympathy, not sarcasm.)

It's a 1999. I think 97 to 2002 will be the same, but it has to be the stepside model, standard and super crew are all different widths. Hoping I can find one within a 100 mile radius or so, shipping would probably be as much or more than the tailgate itself. Going to go to my closest pull a part when I can and see if they have one, also another one about 80 miles from here with a bigger selection, only thing is they don't list what bed they have, only model year.

Just something else to take money away from my toys.:(:(:(

Chain the tail gate to cherry picker and then weld a piece something to the Center of the damage that you can put on the hook and you can jack it out.

Thanks for the link snopro, I'll have to add it to my favorites list. Your link reminded me of one I had saved already, https://www.partshotlines.com/ .
Went on it and found a possible match about 75 miles from me, looks like it might even be the right color. Going to call them next week and get his price. Some of them list prices, some don't.

Latest posts

Back