'48 Olds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too much. Late last year I added a heater core as a secondary radiator that seems to help my hot issue and just now I was looking at how to make a headliner for it. About all I want to do yet is the interior. I also need to find a few leaks in my air system.

Lots of house projects and several other vehicles I'm just trying to keep road worthy.

Thanks for asking!

Not too much. Late last year I added a heater core as a secondary radiator that seems to help my hot issue and just now I was looking at how to make a headliner for it. About all I want to do yet is the interior. I also need to find a few leaks in my air system.

Lots of house projects and several other vehicles I'm just trying to keep road worthy.

Thanks for asking!

I understand... that has put the brakes on my building. I'm glad that you are still making progress, even if it is slow, it is one step closer that you used to be.

I know that is what I keep telling myself.[cl

Never did get the interior photos up. Well, here they are:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I made a half-butt back seat too. Couldn't find the pic of it...

Attachments

• IMGP0140a.jpg
    IMGP0140a.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMGP0137a.jpg
    IMGP0137a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMGP0134a.jpg
    IMGP0134a.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 97
[cl[cl[cl
Where did you find the gray and peach paisley :cool:

Gray, blue and cream color - no peach. Just a leftover bolt of outdoor fabric at a fabric store. Don't laugh about the paisley - women love paisley. (seriously, they always say they love it)

The headliner was a big leftover my wife found, it has a bit of pattern to it and some stretch so it worked great.

Wild! Did you sew up your own headliner?

Yep. Measured everything out, cut it way big, and sewed in the loops for the roof bows. Then test fit and had to go back and re sew a few roof bow loops to shorten it up. Test fit, then trim up, and done. As simple as rocket surgery.

I couldn't find a bunch of pictures and finally realized I switched PC's and they're on the old one. :rolleyes: So hopefully soon I'll have a chance to find them and post a few progress pics.

Gonna be on the cover of a FM radio station's car calendar. Went for photos today. They already had a background picture taken and are going to shop my car (and the woman) in. This is just a pic I took:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Back