S10 Motor mount options???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

Hi everyone

I have been scratching my head and twisting my engine around in my S10 chassis trying to figure out how best to mount the stock S10 V6 motor. I am mounting a 1950/60's Willys truck cab onto this frame. I had to move the engine back into the chassis 9" so that everything can clear the (Willys) radiator and grill assembly. Can anybody out here in rat rod world post up some pictures of how they mounted the engines into their S10 chassis.

I have so far cut out 2 plates that are 3/16" x 5" x 12" long, I want to weld those plates to the existing stock crossmember and I am trying to figure out a way to mount the rear of those plates to the frame rails so as to make them stable enough to take the weight of the engine. Some sort of heavy gussets I assume.

I have "google images" on this subject and I am not really finding anything that I can use.

You guys on here are awesome...gotten me through more pickles than you can imagine..

MikeC

I can't give you any pictures of my mounting on my frame, but just do exactly as you describe. The thing with what you're doing is everyone does their mounting in this application different, and everyone needs their engine in a different spot. I built plates to move my engine back, and then gusseted them to whatever was easiest to gussett them to. Just take your time and think it out and it will turn out right.

Latest posts

Back