Ez-efi ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Misfit

I tell you... I get no respect!
Anybody got any thing to say about bolt on EFI systems from FAST or Holley or Edelbrock,ect.? I know they cost alot $$ , but if they help get good mpg might be worth it ?? I know I dont see many at car shows. Maybe they are there but I dont see it.

Frankly I would bet it's the expense..

Takes a lot of fuel to make up that 2000 to 3000 or more price tag....JMHO...

i had one on a s-10 that had a 350 in it.
very easy bolt on setup couple hours elderbrock set up
bought it used didnt see alot of power difference think it help mpg some was getting 10 miles a gallon, afterwards got 12 miles a gallon.
i paid 800.00 used came with a key pad were u could always adjust fuel,and air over all ..... should built a better rear end with the money instead.:rolleyes:

Mpg is a total package deal. Cam, heads, pistons, transmission, differential, tires. If you haven't matched it all up, you likely won't see mpg gain. A correct fuel mixture is the same with a carb as EFI. The advantage of EFI is it adjusts for altitude, temperature, etc. A carb is static adjustment, no changes.

I agree with gold03, I am planning to use a FAST setup on my project, but for dependability and tuneability, not mileage.

ezefi

I put the system on my 53 with a 500 Cadillac in it never set and thing just turned the key fired right up love it east start up I ever had with new motor.

I have since set the parameter where they need to be (this is a simple proses) it is a auto Lear system

The system supports idle kick up when compresses comes on , a fan kick in (you can set fan start and stop temp) if you use elect fans

it is nice no mater the temp it fires every time

no smell of gas when it sit (ever notice shut off a car with a carb the gas boils in the bole and fill the garage with gas fumes

I put a in tank fuel pump for a Camaro in the fuel tank Under $100
plumed it with hard lines (I do not like rail pumps )

I would recommend this for any car It is supporting a 500 Cadillac with stage 5 cam head work (port and milled) and runs great

Latest posts

Back