Blower housing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has any one used just the blower housing without the "paddles" inside, then fab a tunnel ran on top of that.

to make a monster motor without a bunch of high dollar heavy duty parts ?

I've seen't it before, looks good runs like crap.

You would basically have this empty void of turbulence in the empty blower housing disrupting the intake flow. If you didn't want to do a high dollar blower motor but still have the look of the blower just run the blower way underdriven. With the blower underdriven the boost will be lower. Years ago I knew a guy that ran a 671 setup on a stock chevy 350. It had a sizable cam, which helped. As long as he was fairly mellow with it, it would stay together. It was real easy to get out of hand and over boost that stock 350. So, you can get the look, the sound and some great HP with blown stocker for not a lot of $$$ but the first time you feel what the supercharger is capable of you'll be walking home and trying to figure out how to build the next motor to stay together.[S

I've seen't it before, looks good runs like crap.

You would basically have this empty void of turbulence in the empty blower housing disrupting the intake flow..[S

Yeah you would have to fabricate a narrow tunnel inside the case for the air/fuel mix to pass through. Otherwise you'd have no throttle response, due to too much volume inside the case.

It could be done though. Do you happen to have an empty case? Otherwise might be easier to do as UC says with the underdrive idea.

Put the carb inside the blower case. Then you are just using the blower case to hide it, it won't matter what's on top as long as air gets through.

Two things, the inside of the blower is the cheap part, drive, manifold and gearing is where the money is.

As undercover said it doesn't have to be a big huffer. I ran a 671 on a mostly stock 351 small block ford, way under driven and only two 500cfm's. ran great just really bad mileage.

Attachments

• PU 006a.jpg
    PU 006a.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
Run a two barrel or whatever, then hide it with a blower case and big carb (s) on top. May sound better than it looks, for example what about the big belt up front to "drive" it.

This was something we saw in the 70's, people would gut a blower and stick it over a four barrel intake so it would look like they had a blower motor. I just don't like fake anything on a car, including Olds valve covers on Chevy motors. No one is fooled and you lose a certain amount of respect from other rodders.

Sorry, just the way I feel.

Don

This was something we saw in the 70's, people would gut a blower and stick it over a four barrel intake so it would look like they had a blower motor. I just don't like fake anything on a car, including Olds valve covers on Chevy motors. No one is fooled and you lose a certain amount of respect from other rodders.

Sorry, just the way I feel.

Don

I agree with Don here, the thing is the people that really do care what is under the hood will know its fake and you will lose a lot of respect. And the people who don't know, don't really care in the first place...

I have been known to point and laugh at people who put Boss stripes and decals on their mustang in years the Boss was not even offered... I am amused at how far people will go on things like that...

Latest posts

Back