28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of carp happening lately, buggered up my right knee some how so haven't been able do much. :(
At 62 the last thing I was looking forward too was changing employers. Our company was bought out by the largest propane suppler in Canada, and the way they treat my customers doesn't sit well with me so I'm moving over to the new company that they are all switching too.

I did get out to the shop for a couple hours yesterday and today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of progress 001.JPG
    Resize of progress 001.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Resize of progress 002.JPG
    Resize of progress 002.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Resize of progress 003.JPG
    Resize of progress 003.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 91
Good luck with the switch of employers. It can be a hard decision to make such a change at this stage of your career.

I'm enjoying watching your progress on this project. Looking good!

"Lots of carp happening lately"...DozerII

My ears perked up thinking somebody got to go fishing...[ddd:D
Sorry to hear about your forced career change. Happening way too much nowadays. My buddy worked for the same company for 19 years and it folded before he could retire.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, the knee is getting better slowly just wish I knew what I did to it.
The job I'm pretty sure is going to be fun. In the last eight years I took almost every customer away from the competition, then they bought us. So now I get to do it again.:D

Dozer, I've lived out in the country all of my life, and had good delivery men for most of it. A person doesn't learn to appreciate a good delivery man until he has a couple of poor ones. Now I have appreciation for good deliverymen.

You'll make your own good luck, but I'll throw my wishes in on top of yours. Good luck, Dozer.

Thanks Guys all the supports is much appreciated. Might have over done it today on the knee but can only sit around so much.

Attachments

• Resize of 001.JPG
    Resize of 001.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Resize of 002.JPG
    Resize of 002.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Resize of 003.JPG
    Resize of 003.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Resize of 004.JPG
    Resize of 004.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 107
Little more progress, to be less invasive in the passenger compartment I'm going with C notches instead of a Z to the rear of the frame. I incorporated the inboard piece of the C in the boxing plate for added strength.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Boxing 001.JPG
    Resize of Boxing 001.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Resize of Boxing 002.JPG
    Resize of Boxing 002.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Resize of Boxing 003.JPG