how is this done?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berry Cam is up and running again

Been while since I checked in to see how this thread was doing.

My good friend Scott Berry is back at work.

This guy is as tough as the camshafts he grinds.

I just can't believe he lost a kidney,a lung and beat brain cancer and hes back at work.

There are just so few true innovators left out here and some of us are dependent upon the talent of guys like Scott to make specialized parts for our engines.

So glad to see the guy back at work

He's grinding one for my slant six HA/GR dragster right now. I had no idea he went through all that. They had a fire a while back too, I heard.

glad to hear your friend is doing well.. i dont know how i missed this thread.. very cool stuff

thats pretty sweet.

i wonder why shows frown on things like these? it sound stupid that they would go to the trouble to kick someone out because they had a dream of some sort and put it together and made it work. but you could have put every chrome peice, $8,000 paint job, every part book goodie and fab the whole body by hand and its fine.

different is allways better, be a leader.

hats off to you for making this work.

most of the cars at the shows are loosely based on a car that was "radical" in its day. To kick out the inovator is just ignorant. Sounds like Pure $$$ greed and jealousy to me. We have used the same concept on harley except we would run 2 front heads or 2 rear heads. Never thought of reverse flow though. Looks cool! [;)

verry inovative

there is a pic in the engines section/of one of theese reverss flow engines in a truck with honda inline style carbs, thees things DESERVE the attention they get and enough cant be said about the verry tallented minds . that go so far outside the box to change such a genneric.engine, I am verry much a fan of thees gentlmen,...Sammy

Boy, am I glad I stumbled on this thread!! Something truly different and cool for a change. It reminds me of the kind of things Barney Navarro would do.... or maybe he tried it too??
Actually the reverse flow might work to an advantage on some of the flathead engines from the past, since most seemed to have siamesed intake and individual exhaust ports, the exhausts might flow better as intakes - Ford 4 bangers for example...also most straight 8 engines, including Buick OHV straight 8's, their biggest limitation was the 4 poor siamesed intakes, yet they had 8 exhaust ports.
That 2 stroke SB Chev is a stroke of genius, no valve train at all, just a crank, pistons and rods ! Can you imagine what it would sound like?? Hopefully someone can pick up where the builder left off and treat us to a listen.

Haven't checked in here in a long time.

The person that made the 2 cycle SBC died and the guy that owned it after he died also died. Scott Berry, the guy that made the Camshaft for RVS FLO also died.

It is so sad when these talented individuals pass.

WOW, Sorry to hear about your friend. Did he mentor anyone to take over the reins? We need people like him in this hobby. Inovation is very important without it we would still be walking around.

Berry Camshaft service is still open but its pretty much down to a one man shop doing tractor pull camshafts. Joel is a great guy but we all know the place will never be the same without Scott and his Dad who started the business in the 1950's.

There are so few outside the box thinkers left in the automotive field. It seems that all the current talent is hell bent on making cars that resemble personal computers with wheels on them

Latest posts

Back