harmonic balancer ford 292 v8

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pull the bolt and washer out of the crank and get a pulling and pull it off. There should be to threaded holes close to the center hole that you attach the puller to.

Try Dennis Carpenter. The damper is actually mounted on rubber and can slip, so it is important to make sure it hasn't slipped since the timing mark is on it.

It should. I think all Y-blocks used the same mark. I just looked at DC and saw they want 130$ for a new one! You might find one used local for cheap.

You can always make your own mark.

It should. I think all Y-blocks used the same mark. I just looked at DC and saw they want 130$ for a new one! You might find one used local for cheap.

You can always make your own mark.

Thats a good website other parts are cheaper though, I found one for $100.00 i love carquest.

You're in Nebraska! There is probably one on a Y-block setting in a field within 5 miles of your house.

LMC and MACauto are good online sources for parts - both are kind of generic though. Dennis Carpenter has a lot of the old Ford tooling for stamping original parts. John Mummert is good for hard to find stuff or speed parts.

Carolina Classics and Obsolete Ford Parts have good stuff too.

You're in Nebraska! There is probably one on a Y-block setting in a field within 5 miles of your house.

LMC and MACauto are good online sources for parts - both are kind of generic though. Dennis Carpenter has a lot of the old Ford tooling for stamping original parts. John Mummert is good for hard to find stuff or speed parts.

Carolina Classics and Obsolete Ford Parts have good stuff too.

Would a Harmonic balancer work off of a 312? for a 292?

I believe so. 272,292,312 were mostly interchangeable although the 312 used a different crank. If you have access to a 312, figure out the year and check the heads. ...or take the hole thing!

Latest posts

Back