step by step LS swap info?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
Anybody have a good resource for seeing what all is involved with swapping in a late model GM engine and trans?

I think I want a 5.3 LS in my dodge project. I need to know what year models make the best donors/what to avoid.

LS1 tech.com

All the info in the world. I am seriously thinking of putting one in my '91 Suburban. We want pics!

Flipper,
I love LS motors & you will too. There are a few lil qlitches but it is SO much easier now than it was when I put the LS3 in my Chevelle. I bought a carbed GM crate motor & used a MSD controller. I also installed an LS1 in the panel truck out of a 2001 Camaro using the GM controller. I didn't know to get the orig chipped key & there is a security feature that will only let the motor start 25 times without it & then it won't start again. I had to have the computer flashed to fix that. I'm sure I have a link somewhere about swapping these motors & will try to find it. There are also some kats here that should be able to help.

BoB

LS1 tech is a great site for that. From what I understand, GM now sells them plug & play right out of the crate, so you might be able to get all of the wiring for one without having to strip out a used one. It is definitely worth the effort though. Very easy HP can be made with them. You can also go carb'd with a crank trigger ignition, but I think the FI is the way to go.

Anybody ever dealt with LT1SWAP.COM?

They will supposedly remove vats and un-necessary stuff and re-flash your ecm for $75. That is a great price if its legit.

Latest posts

Back