SBC Thoughts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
So I am going to be making a deal soon on a 350 5spd combo.... Not one to leave well enough alone I will be throwing in some power adders and was just wondering what everyone else would do. This set up will probably end up in Bertha for now and maybe down the road I will get the 500 done and put it in.

What are everyone's thoughts?
slide in a 400 crank?
Just a cam and intake?
High compression?

Want to stay naturally aspirated, but ya know...... guess that is optional as well....

To wake up a SBC, upper end is where it's at! Better or reworked heads, roller cam, better intake & headers. That should get you to around 400hp but will typically require middle grade gasoline at least.

Beercan

No substitute for cubic inches, if some is good more is better. A 383 stroker crank can be bought for less than $200.00 The rest of the stuff cost the same. Do some 6" rods and pistons to match.

Hp is in the heads and cam, tq is in the stroke. 383 is a nice motor, what I have actually. I would stay 350ci and just work the heads with a nice roller cam to match. Gears make a big difference also. Does this motor run already?

Latest posts

Back