'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting POPS.
One of the guys that I know filed a claim with Haggerty was for his model T. I thought he said that they took care of everything including finding someone to put it all back together I could be misremembering though.
I know that you would rather do the work yourself. As long as they come up with the moneys
Torchie

I feel pretty confident that it will work out. Just a matter of putting up with the BS..

Hang in there pops, I have known quite a few people that have made claims with classic insurance. Both doing repairs themselves and getting a shop to do it, and eventually the insurance came around. Some were easier than others but you need to hold your ground. If you have any correspondence with the guy that had the rear fenders for a high price, make sure they see that. Even if you can get the guy to write something up including a receipt for the door you bought and your travel expenses to get it.

I think they will find out how rare old Dodge truck parts are.

Dealing with the insurance companies is no fun

They can be kinda narrow minded sometimes.

484140367272eb0064f90ff4e5fa7555.jpg

Thanks guys. It wasn't too bad getting it to this point other than where it was folded over so on itself. By the time I got that part nearly straighten out the metal started to split.

Still alot of time needed to get it close enough for a light skim coat of bondo.

I must be getting old or something. My shoulders and neck feel like I was on the other end of part of that hammer work this morning.

Torchie.... My Dad used to tell me "Shut up and listen, you might learn something." Thanks for the tips. I tried working on the fender with it mounted but wasn't having much luck so I got it on the welding table where I had a solid surface to beat on it. I learned a thing or two about light metal working.

It has been fun but I wouldn't want to have to do body work every day for a living..

Thanks guys. It wasn't too bad getting it to this point other than where it was folded over so on itself. By the time I got that part nearly straighten out the metal started to split.

Still alot of time needed to get it close enough for a light skim coat of bondo.

I must be getting old or something. My shoulders and neck feel like I was on the other end of part of that hammer work this morning.

Torchie.... My Dad used to tell me "Shut up and listen, you might learn something." Thanks for the tips. I tried working on the fender with it mounted but wasn't having much luck so I got it on the welding table where I had a solid surface to beat on it. I learned a thing or two about light metal working.

It has been fun but I wouldn't want to have to do body work every day for a living..

You are welcome POPS.
My concern with working it on the truck was getting any leverage from behind as it looked pretty squashed.:eek:
We are all glad that is it working out for you.[cl :cool:
Your comment about not doing it for a living rings a bell for me as I decided that after doing it for about 6 years. Then I switched to the low impact life of being a Chef standing on his feet for 14 hours a day.:D
The lessons that I have retained for life were the ones that I learned by doing it my self.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

A little more progress on the fender.

I also got my new rear end housing and axles today..I pestered enough people at Speedway that they gave me a 20% discount on one of their new manufactured housings with axles. That's better than I expected. It actually looks like a good piece.

Going to put a drain and fill plug in it before I put it together. Then put on the new brackets for the ladder bars.

Still haven't heard from the insurance company. If I don't hear from them by Friday I'll probably call and pester them a little.

Attachments

• CA650F32-3430-4A92-86DF-966FA045A591.jpg
    CA650F32-3430-4A92-86DF-966FA045A591.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 08402639-0EAE-4823-9688-E825585D7B07.jpg
    08402639-0EAE-4823-9688-E825585D7B07.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 32
  • A59A1B23-58F2-409B-ADA6-45DFC527F997.jpg
    A59A1B23-58F2-409B-ADA6-45DFC527F997.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 35692D0A-F82E-4A9D-B5BB-4660C54A93F7.jpg
    35692D0A-F82E-4A9D-B5BB-4660C54A93F7.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
lookin right pops! [cl

Thanks Joedoh

Looking good, POPS!

Things could always be worse... imagine the grief if you had an expensive,
shiny paint job!

You got that right Doc!! I've decided the fancy paint job just ain't gonna happen. I've learned to like it with the 2 tone primer job and it's easy to touch up.

Looks like a ton of panel beating with some really good results... I'm amazed you got it to move like that.... Nice job [cl

Thanks Sgt
It hasn't been easy for a dummy like me that's new to major body work.

Damn, I thought that was a shiny paint job! It's getting there Pops...[cl

Thanks Smallfoot. The paint job is as shiny as it gets from me.

Latest posts

Back