Racecar to RATROD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
them are going to be some big a$$ stop lights [;)

two things about a hood, first none is good and second, one with a big hole in it is almost as good [cl

them are going to be some big a$$ stop lights [;)

two things about a hood, first none is good and second, one with a big hole in it is almost as good [cl

You think so? Going to probably put some 3" led lights in the cinter of them and come up with something to fill it in with. Liked the curves with rear fender.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of adding 8" to the rear fenders. Hung fender where I wanted it and welded supports to bed side to hold in place while I filled it in. Had to take on and off and on and off way too many times. After I tacked it together I trimmed what was overlapping and cleaned it up. Feel like I should have added 4 more inches for bigger tires or narrowed up the rear-end but oh well.

Attachments

• IMG_2416.jpg
    IMG_2416.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2480.jpg
    IMG_2480.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 41
Some more pics of some very tedious work but well worth it. Came across some FREE 1/4" lexan for a windshield. Figure if its good enough for the track it should be more than good enough for the street. Pretty much make template and get it close, after that mark and trim, mark and trim and again mark and trim. Why does it seem like it repeat my steps when I try and do ANYTHING on this project. Saw a picture somewhere and loved the divider. I looked at it and saw a B-52 bomber cockpit. Yeh I know its not a racecar look but me liked a bunch. Still need to take back off and weld and even it out a little. May even give it a hammered look if I find the energy. Thanks for all the compliments and hope you enjoy. BTW sorry for the sideways pics on previous post, must got a little loose on me...

Attachments

• IMG_3490.jpg
    IMG_3490.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3522.jpg
    IMG_3522.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3524.jpg
    IMG_3524.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 38
Im BACK...

making it short for now. Hope you are all doing well. Been a little shackey around here for the past few years. Still building my 41 and let me say it is fast as ****. FYI Helmet required...

Attachments

• IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 38
making it short for now. Hope you are all doing well. Been a little shackey around here for the past few years. Still building my 41 and let me say it is fast as sh*t. FYI Helmet required...

Glad to here tour still at it!! More pics required

Thanks guys, Working on a shaker sheetmetal hood-air cleaner. I will get you some pics this weekend. There are a lot of new faces and builds in here. Some super bad ass ones. Glad the site kept my build alive with no post from me.
Wrecked motorcycle and busted up pretty good but had a helmet so no damnage to the skull just collar bone, lung,ribs,wrist and roadrash. Couple surgeries and im back on the bike and yep, a dog ran out in front of me. Thanks guys and i will go back through my messages and hit my brother builds up and say SUP.

Glad you're back an in one (repaired) piece. It would be a shame if your build wasn't finished. We need road test results.

Welcome back and love your build! The roads are scenic here with lots of deer and I see guys blasting up the road at break neck speed all the time and even something as small as a dog can be disastrous for bikers, glad you're ok and back at it!

Toad

Back at it. along with new motor and tranny. 350 crate with neal racing tranny so i can enjoy driving it. Sry about the crooked photo. having trouble rotating...

Attachments

• IMG_5571.jpg
    IMG_5571.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 43
so, plans are:
new motor and tranny
Fuse panel for lights and acessories
alternator
finish sheet metal on rear
remove clutch pedal
fabricate and install roof running lights
collect parts for twin turbos
finish shaker air cleaner
hood and tilt front end.

I have put that MF motor in 20 times today to make the modifications for the tranny, Jack it up. jack it down every time i pulled it. Glad you guys kept my build active. Hope all the OGs and new guys are doing good.

Attachments

• IMG_6743.jpg
    IMG_6743.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6740.jpg
    IMG_6740.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back