The Darksyde 1941 Ford PU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill M other than my one neighbor right beside me(we dont get along, actually I should say she doesnt get along with anybody(Shes the witch of the neighborhood even the kids avoid because shes always nasty)) all of them think its cool. Constant flow of people coming to visit and check it out.

looks super sinister!

I had a neighbor at the old house that would call the city if my project truck sat out in the drive for even a minute. my wife insisted it was the next door neighbor, a divorcee that was just sweet and nice to us. I didnt believe it, not for a second, except one day I got dropped off (no car in the drive) and from the house I saw the city inspector poke his head over the fence from her yard. I had moved the truck to a shop earlier in the day, and he turned and told her "its not there any more".

I opened my door and told him the next time he put any part of his body over my fence he was going to lose it. we have strict laws on privacy fences and inspectors.

we moved a couple years later and she never said a single word to me after that day.

sorry for the story time, some neighbors are just problems.

Glass, finish floor(1 good day), finish fenders and mount.
Got a bit of brake work to do as well. Cant seem to get all the air out, and causes the brake light on my dash to come on. Brakes work pretty good, a bit soft but locks em up easy. Brake lines are up and down in many locations due to the frame/suspension layout.
Tried a power brake bleed but for some reason couldn't get flow through the system... maybe my residual valves are causing issues.

Gotta get a assigned VIN first.
Then a insurance inspection
Then I gotta find a rod-friendly shop for out of province.

Glass, finish floor(1 good day), finish fenders and mount.
Got a bit of brake work to do as well. Cant seem to get all the air out, and causes the brake light on my dash to come on. Brakes work pretty good, a bit soft but locks em up easy. Brake lines are up and down in many locations due to the frame/suspension layout.
Tried a power brake bleed but for some reason couldn't get flow through the system... maybe my residual valves are causing issues.

Gotta get a assigned VIN first.
Then a insurance inspection
Then I gotta find a rod-friendly shop for out of province.

Have you tired a vacuum pump for bleeding the brakes, worked good for me. Why an out of province?

I tried a vacuum pump, them a power bleeder, and then actually tried both at the same time, better but still have issues.

I need the OOP to get registration. Although its called a OOP inspection it is used as the main roadworthyness/safety inspection. The truck was a farm truck and still only has a serial number, so chances are its never been registered or was registered a very long time ago.

Two things, make sure the front calipers float on the pins freely and if you installed rear disc brakes, make sure the caliper brackets are square to the rotors.
I've had three sets where the front caliper brackets had the caliper bolts drilled and threaded at an angle which bound up the caliper so it didn't float. Had two rear caliper brackets that were so far out of square to the rotors the pad contacted the rotor on one end before the other, both will make a very spongy pedal.

A friend of mine accross the street, mentioned he had some skulls for a hood ornament or a shifter. Today he called me over and hooked me up with these.

Attachments

• 20190511_143759.jpg
    20190511_143759.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190511_143749.jpg
    20190511_143749.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190511_143647.jpg
    20190511_143647.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 20
First car show

Entered my truck in its first car show on Saturday. The Show was put on by "Rides For Relief" a charity to help abused Women.
Was a great turnout about 100 or so cars. A few Rats.

Attachments

• 20190817_090913.jpg
    20190817_090913.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190817_080820.jpg
    20190817_080820.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190817_080831.jpg
    20190817_080831.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 39
Entered my truck in its first car show on Saturday. The Show was put on by "Rides For Relief" a charity to help abused Women.
Was a great turnout about 100 or so cars. A few Rats.

Your truck is nasty, in a good way.[cl

I bet it got way more looks then that Fake Cobra that was sitting next to it.:eek: :D [cl :cool:
Truck looks great....[cl [cl [cl
Torchie

Good job, Darksyde! [cl

Please excuse my laziness. I didn't read back to see if you had any trouble insuring the beast... are you legal? I mean no offense, just curious if you had to jump through some hoops, or still need to...

Latest posts

Back