Birthday present

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankthebigdog

My lovely wife and soul mate told me " you need a bigger place to work on your stuff" . So, this weekend I built an add on to my tool storage/shop to make for a bigger work area. Rain kept me from getting a roof up, but this week is spring break and I have a little time to finish it. Someday a concrete floor my appear like the pile of red iron did with a card that read "Happy Birthday"{thanks to my wife and my buddy Steve}16 X 40 ain't an acre, but at least it will be dry and I can heat it. [cl [cl [dr[dr [cl

Attachments

• building 038.jpg
    building 038.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 93
  • building 039.jpg
    building 039.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 88
stuff

be careful, stuff loves to fill a empty space fast[S

l thought 45 X 25 would take some time to fill---WRONG:eek:

GLAD FOR YA:D

Later:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Happy Birthday!
I can't give you a pile of purlins, I need them all for my addition, but I'll cheer you on. You gonn insulate it?

Looks like you got more out of the last storm than we did.

Good luck with your building project.

I plan to insulate and wood heat. I plan to finish the roof this week.walls will come soon. money is kind of tight with 3 projects going, but it will be done before cold weather.

I can relate to the tight money.
I got a wild hair and bought a new to us motorhome home that is longer than our old RV so I'm adding on to the toy barn so I don't have to winterize it.
We use our RV all year.

Do you still have the Dodge? I'm still interested.

Very cool! My wife just ordered us a new carport for my truck and camper. It's 18'x26'. That freed up space beside my shop that is cover right now. Now I will enclose a 15'x28' section , with a nice smooth flat concrete floor. That will be my paint, and fab area. Will be able to blow it out and wash the floors regularly . I can't wait. I was a concrete contractor for 26 years, and now run an equipment rental company. So, tools are at my exposal. Good luck with your addition.

Gonna be nice to have that extra room
I always get jealous of the people that have flat ground to build on so, I'm jealous of you now too :)

yeah if there is space you will fill it.... be careful.... I am planning on doing the same thing on mine this summer.... just moved in in the fall 30x48 and already want to add 12x48 to the side. Viscous cycle, add more room buy more stuff.

Latest posts

Back