73 datsun 610 turbo LS1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup! sure does! he is running the same tire and rear end as I am. Only his is an 700hp 4 cylinder. I am about 5" longer in the wheel base though too. Probably be 300lbs heavier too.:(

Side note, I just got my drive shaft done today. 3" steel 1350 joints forged yokes. rear brakes are in at the house so i can get going on getting those mounted. Finish the rear lower shock mount and add a tab to the upper link front mount to make it a double shear and then it is off to the fuel cell![;)[cl[;)[cl

Your rearend setup looks killer; somewhere there's an old Datsun designer checking out this thread wondering why he never thought of building one like this.

That is a cool build! Funny, he has the same ideas about trying to keep the back seat for a more "street" look. I would be happy with 10sec ET's but we all know that power and ET's are addicting! Thanks for sharing the links. [cl

Its hard to believe that car hooks that well and runs that hard without wheelie bars. I wonder what kind of transmission it runs. Powerglide?

found he runs a glide w/ a brake and a boost controller that ramps the boost up to 100% after 2.1 sec of the launch. Also a 2 step rev limiter at the line.

I his latest post he rebuilt the motor after breking a main cap. He now dyno'ed at 1025 rear wheel HP!!:eek::eek: says the new power level has not helped him out due to wheel spin and 1/2 track wheelies at 125mph!:eek:[cl[S

I am so pumped to get this thing running now! makes my estimated 600hp look tame!:rolleyes:

I'm glad posting the links lit a fire under you. I wanna see your car built.

That build thread is pretty entertaining. I love tose guys sense of humor. I've only made it up to around page 80 though.

I cheated and went to his website link in his address. Nice comentary on the build as well from the owner. tomorrow (sun) is back to datsun day! My side work in the shop is an 89 pontiac formula with a 1970 355 that I am converting to a mini ram injection and an LS1 PCM! Fun! [;)

got the rear lower shock mounts in. also bent up the rear bars for the cage. Tried to get them tucked up tight to the roof. Like to hide stuff as much as I can.

Attachments

• datsun cage.jpg
    datsun cage.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 65
I cheated and went to his website link in his address. Nice comentary on the build as well from the owner. tomorrow (sun) is back to datsun day! My side work in the shop is an 89 pontiac formula with a 1970 355 that I am converting to a mini ram injection and an LS1 PCM! Fun! [;)

Sorry for the 'jack...but can you post that link here?
(youtube restrictions at work :D )

Well I got 2 hours to myself today and got the fuel cell mounts and rear sway bar mounted.

Attachments

• dat 3.jpg
    dat 3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 57
  • dat 2.jpg
    dat 2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 62
Well I was supposed to work on the shop truck but I got the wrong fittings for the trans cooler lines so i worked on the datsun some more. I got the wheel tubs trimmed and mounted in. The passengers side is all done and the drivers side just needs the front 1/2 to be welded solid. Slowly and surely it is coming along. I hope to get more than an hour and a half per week to work on it here after I graduate from the academy.
0424011902.jpg

0424011901.jpg

I also threw in a couple of shots of the 4 link ehan it was being built. It is all done now.
6--19-10024.jpg

6--19-10025.jpg

There sure is some neat stuff going on RRR right now, makes me want to get my welder and get a rearend under my rambler. Get this thing finished, I want to see a video of you smoking a stock civic with a body kit/big wing. [ddev

-Johnson

Latest posts

Back