new shop machine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

picked this up today, i have been looking for a pullmax, or other reciprocating machine for a while. luck was on my side yesterday, had to drop off a tail gate skin i louvered to a customer, he had this sitting in his shop. told him i had been looking for one, and he offered to sell it to me cheap! came with some tooling, phase converter, and the head was recently rebuilt.

made some dies to make 30-31 door body lines, they came out pretty much perfect.

DSCN4940-1.jpg

DSCN4942-1.jpg

the dies, i made

DSCN4941.jpg

making some panels

DSCN4943-1.jpg

end result

DSCN4944.jpg

DSCN4945.jpg

Very nice looks like you could make a 41/46 chevy beltline patch pretty easy bet there would be a good demand as they always rust out.....Den

great find, watch thumbs and fingers! LOL like wannaby said 41-46 chevy truck beltline patchs do sound like a good idea

Any chance to see how the drive portion works? Or is it a big hassle to open up the cover. Looks like it might be a "you build it " kind of machine for a winter project. I'm dreamin up ideas to try out already.

Here's some pics of some homemade units
QUOTE].

Thanks Charley, That hydraulic unit is impressive. For the most part, the stroke looks to be quite short, and the use of variable speed is needed. Got me thinking now. Not trying to highjack your thread CC, but you have started something.;)

Here's some pics of some homemade units
QUOTE].

Thanks Charley, That hydraulic unit is impressive. For the most part, the stroke looks to be quite short, and the use of variable speed is needed. Got me thinking now. Not trying to highjack your thread CC, but you have started something.;)

You don't need much of a stroke

cant take the head apart to show how it works, it would take a lot of work.

i am working on uploading a video, hope it will be up soon.

here are some pics of the first rough draft of a model a door skin. it is a little wavy. mainly that was because i was alone at the shop when i was doing it, so i was having problems supporting it. not bad for the first one.

DSCN4950.jpg

DSCN4947.jpg

DSCN4949.jpg

DSCN4948.jpg

cant take the head apart to show how it works, it would take a lot of work.
QUOTE] That's what I wondered, looked like the cover was there to stay. Thanks for the reply though. Your panel looks good, there is always a learning curve to go through with any new piece of equipment. Looks like some pretty cool stuff will be coming out of your shop in the near future.:)

Terry (Tator here on RRR) has done some Youtube videos of Pullmax operation and tooling. Here's a sample while we all are waiting for Cornfield Customs to post a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLVozZa5kJo

I would guess many RRR members assume the machine is aggressive and loud. That's one of the reasons I posted this.

You sure have a knack for metal shaping. The door skin is coming along nicely. There's no stopping you now!

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to make a video showing how it works. I was wondering what the upper handle was for, I see now. How deep is the throat on your machine?

Latest posts

Back