My mad house

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, looks like a great start to a good workspace!
I suggest for the lights, I used some 2x4 4 bulb florescent lights from home depot, they come complete with the bulbs for pretty cheap (cheaper than buying the fixtures and bulbs separately).

I screwed the housings to my garage ceiling so they can be easily removed later when I move...

There are some 2x4 fixtures in the basement that I am going to be taking out to the shop, also there are 2 2x8 fixtures in the shop. Only one working, the other has no bulbs. Going to move those to be in line and put the 2x4s on the other side. Need to go get a bunch of bulbs to fill them up.

My little slice of paradise is filling up pretty fast!!!!
IMG_20131018_190143_213_zps42d08dfe.jpg

IMG_20131020_192737_463_zps5d1f4d14.jpg

Once I get some stuff put away it won't be so bad. Nice to have it all at my own place though....

Looks like you've been busy!!

No matter how big a barn you have....it gets full.....I think George Carlin did a whole skit on more stuff.....:D

I hope to try and get some crap put away tonight and maybe get the dodge unloaded.... If I could get some stuff up out of the way I think I would be a lot happier. Oh and fix the doors. That would make me a lot happier too.... I do have some glass to replace the broken window on the side of the shop. Thought that was a plus.

Well I did get some crap put away, hung some stuff up. Need to get some peg board to put up on the walls, hopefully do that Monday or Tuesday. Started getting stuff around and going to get my lift put together. Had the dumb thing for 2 years now and never even put it together.

Did get the Dodge unloaded, now just need to find out where it is going to sit cause this will never work.

IMG_20131024_214410_847_zpsf62fd8f0.jpg

Got stuff to fix the doors, new cables and crimps, Hopefully going to move around the lights that are out there and get a little more functional. Shooting for an eventful couple days ahead!!!

Got some more work done out in the shop. This house stuff keeps getting in my way though. I am hopefully about done with getting the house set up for winter, finally got all the stuff out of storage. Also got all the non belonging stuff out of the shop.

Installed one of the most crucial parts to a good shop....

IMG_20131028_163331_871_zps7ecc7a60.jpg

Not operational yet, but at least its there.

Also got the front roll up doors going after only minimal cussing, not even a BFH involved. Kind of nice to be able to pull one of those 10ft doors open with just one hand. Also nice knowing I can throw a lock on them.

IMG_20131028_154728_780_zpsf87a0514.jpg

Had a line on a heater for it but the guy scrapped it before I could get my hands on it :( still need to come up with some lights too.

Hey Neverdone

So how does the place "feel" to you so far??...how are the neighbors liking all the movement going on??....Any fellow gearheads around those parts??

Looks awesome so far....keep up the good work...:)

MikeC

Last edited:
New shop feels good, still makes me giggle about all my toys out there!!! Having a good time getting it set up, want to get the roof done real soon but I don't think I will before winter which bothers me.

Only have a neighbor on on side and so far I think he is a dick. The ones across the street are nice, and beside them I have never seen him. From what I understand and can tell the last guy that lived in my house sucked so maybe the dick guy is just that way because the last one left a sour taste in his mouth kind of thing. Hopefully he warms up to me.

His neighbor before must have been very close...

if he left a bad taste in his mouth....:eek:.....maybe he's actually sad and not a dick....??? [cl...sorry guys....old mind works in mysterious ways...:D

TV......who'd have thought....

heck, I would never get anything done....LOL..... nice work ND....shop is coming along nicely.....

I will be much happier once I get a roof on it. Went out in the rain storm Thursday to see just how bad off I am. Found my stick welder getting a bath!!! :eek: Priced out steel roof supplies Friday, going to cost right about what I figured. Going to price out stuff also and do the roof on the house next spring. But anyway, still getting stuff done. She came out to lend a hand friday also and try to learn some stuff so, up the ladder she went and replaced the light on the front of the shop all by herself! She was pretty proud, so was I.
IMG_20131101_152421_024_zps19c901a3.jpg

Projects in the house are slowing down ish.... but at the same time my list is getting longer. Hopefully soon I will get some time to do some more work out here.

Latest posts

Back